Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spacing fix

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
473 Views, 10 Replies

Spacing fix

Certain windows in AutoCAD are not spaced properly, please see attached image. I am able to expand the columns but cannot pull them down to see full texts. Also, command bar text way too large.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

If you use AutoCAD2017 then Go grab the 2017.1 update (see the "point one" in the name) from your active subscription-only updates page https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Read about it here Read about it here: http://blogs.autodesk.com/autocad/autocad-2017-fall-update/

Otherwise AutoCAD 2016 and lower were not designed for high-res monitors. It only runs on displays set to 1920x1080 (also try 2560x1440 and up to 2560x1600 if you have that option) and at 100% text scaling (no more than 125% text scaling). It will not look good on 4k displays settings on modern PCs and laptops 😞
Read all about it here http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Odd-gra...

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have uninstalled my 2015 version and installed 2017 but the issue is
still the same
Message 4 of 11
pendean

Installing 2017 is not enough: re-read the first paragraph on my last post, if you don't understand it them speak up, you have to do more that what you said you did so far.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hello, I have also downloaded the service pack 1 from the link you provided
in the first response but still no luck. Is that what you were referring
to? I don't see specifically 2017.1 update. Please let me know.
thank you
Message 6 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I am glad you got your AutoCAD 2017 installed and have applied the service pack as well. To obtain the Update 1 you must be on subscription or have an educational license. If you have the latter the update is not yet showing up in accounts or on the Autodesk Desktop App but the team is working to correct this issue and hopefully it should be available shortly.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or Dean's helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello,

The responses have not really resolved the issue I have. Supposedly I need
the 1 update, not service pack 1, which is not available to me through the
link because I have an educational license? So what do I do? The solution
provided is not available to me so my issue remains.

Thanks
Message 9 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous, Temporarily you will need to adjust your resolution lower and watch for your Autodesk Desktop App to let you know when Update 1 is available.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,
Changing the resolution on my computer does not change or help the issue at
all. I had an HP before my Lenovo and had the same issue with the spacing.
Is there an estimate for when the update will be available for me?
Thanks
Message 11 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous, I don't have any official word on when this will be available for educational licenses. Please be patient.

The recommended resolution to correct your issues is 1920x1080 and set your fonts at 100-125%

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report