2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Steve.Clarke001
278 Views, 2 Replies

assitance with wipe out

Capture.JPG

Hi all

bit of a noob and still trying to find my feet I am currently working on an electrical drawing with a trunking mounted on a back plate with nut inserts in it.

I need to put a wipe out in my trunking so you are not able to see the nut inserts that do not align with the trunking slots.

Have found some stuff on here and tried a couple of the easy ones, but they didn't work and some of the solutions do not make sense .

Any help gratefully received

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Erense
in reply to: Steve.Clarke001

The Nuts that do not align seem to have another colour. Do they also have another layer?

In that case i would simply turn off that layer.

Also you could use the Hide function.

Wipe outs can be used but you will have to draw a boudary that look like two concentric circles but are not closed.

Wipeout.png

Your nut schould be inside the boundary but the slot should not.

However when your Nut is a block ist is much easier to achieve and copy over more than one block.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 3 of 3

Thank you Edwin will give that ago tomorrow

The nut inserts are different colours as they are different sizes M4 & M5 my trunking and other parts move depending to what is fitted.

My Back plate is a block that is on a layer "mechanical data" My Trunking is also a block on "mechanical data" also is this my problem ?

Steve  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report