Right-click the UCS icon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
fk
Advocate
1031 Views, 7 Replies

Right-click the UCS icon

Hi.

When I select the UCS icon and right-click, I get a right-click menu, but there is no options for UCS there. I thought it should give me options regarding the UCS and the UCS icon. Using vanilla AutoCAD 2013. Any idea?

\Freddy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: fk

Hi Freddy,

You don't need to right-click. Just select UCS icon (activate grips on it), then move mouse to one of the grips and wait for a moment - you should see multifunction grip menu with options, they will be different for different grips (origin, X, Y and Z axis).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
nestly2

Make sure Right Click Menus are enabled.  Tools > Options > User Preferences > Shortcut menus in drawing area

EditableUCSicon.gif

Message 4 of 8
fk
Advocate
in reply to: nestly2

"Options > User Preferences > Shortcut menus in drawing area" is checked.

I get a right-click menu but it does not look like yours. My menu looks the same if I right-click in the drawing area without any objects selected. Something in the CUI?

Multifunctional grips is working the way your video shows.

\Freddy

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

Hi Freddy,

As you see on the "video" you have to select UCS icon at first, then move mouse above one of the axis of UCS icon (not above grip), then right-click to call context menu.
You can also check with CUI command - right click shortcut menu section for UCS icon.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
fk
Advocate
in reply to: maxim_k

It is the same right-click menu if I select the UCS icon or not.

We use enterprise menu (CUIx) and I can see that the shortcut menu in ACAD.cuix (that is partially loaded) has the right settings. It looks the same as your right-click menu in the video (and what I was expecting). The right-click menu seems to work on all other objects except for the UCS icon. Strange. What else to check?

Message 7 of 8
maxim_k

Look at this topic:

forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical/UCS-right-click-menu-somehow-got-disabled/td-p/3624770

It is about AutoCAD Mechanical, but maybe the same could be applied to enterprise menu?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 8
fk
Advocate
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks. I transfered the Shortcut/UCS to my local CUIx and then it worked. I do not think this is the right way because all my other shortcuts (right-click) seems to work. I assume this is a bug. Anyway, it works now. Thanks again.

\Freddy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta