Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating the stretch grip

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gkarchitect-sk
307 Views, 5 Replies

Relocating the stretch grip

Is there a way to relocate the stretch grip (for a text entity in my case)? I don't want it to be lower left of the text but I want it located middle center.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Why not set Text Justification to "Middle Center" or use "Geometric Center" for the snap point?

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 3 of 6

In the case of Text specifically, there will always be a grip at the left end of the baseline, but with justifications other than Left [which you set in the process of drawing the Text, or afterwards in Properties], there will be another grip at the insertion point.  Read in Help about the TEXT command -- it will tell you all about Justification.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 6

My specific situation is that I have a group with text inside. I have the text to stay relative to the layout while the group can be rotated around it. The rotation of the text seems to be around the stretch grip. I want it to be around middle justification of the text itself.

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: gkarchitect-sk

Are you trying to create a dynamic block? Your block is not.

Your text is not MIDDLE justified (it is bottom-left justified), until it is changed to be MIDDLE-CENTER or BOTTOM-CENTER, what you want is not an option.
Message 6 of 6

I changed the Text's justification to Middle-Center as suggested in Messages 2 & 3 [and repositioned it a little], and added the yellow Point below at its new MC insertion point, and the red Point at its DXF-code-10 location [left end of baseline, common to all Text regardless of justification].  I am very disappointed to see that when the Group is rotated, while the Text maintains its zero rotation, it keeps its positional relationship to the red Point, not the yellow Point that I expected.

rotateGroup.gif

That seems a flaw, to me, having the actual insertion point not "obeyed" in this way [except with Left-justified Text].  I can't think of a way around that, but would not claim there isn't one.  Maybe a dynamic Block could do it [I'm not well-versed in those].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta