Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the printing area

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tuctas
314 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with the printing area

I am working on Autocad for many years but this time that i installed again Autocad in a new PC, i face an unexpected problem:

I am configuring all parameters in order to print a drawing in a A3 size paper and what comes out is a drawing that is cut! When i preview the drawing, everything seems ok but when the it is printed it comes out cut (the scale comes out o.k). I am attaching a screenshot.

I noticed that despite the fact that i have assigned the proper paper size in the plot window, in the plotter configuration editor's window the paper size isn't correct (and it can't be modified, because every time i am doing it, it returns to A4).

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.    

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Tuctas

If PREVIEW shows all things to be perfect, then that is what AutoCAD is sending out. It appears you are using a PC3 file: perform a test with the same settings but aim for the WINDOWS DRIVER of that HP device instead of the PC3 file (that's what all your other programs use anyway). See what happens.
Message 3 of 5
Tuctas
in reply to: pendean

Thank you pendean for your answer.

Unfortunatelly, this is not the case (i tried but it didin't work).

I suppose that the problem has to do with the printer (probably its driver) and not with Autocad's plotting settings..., but i can't find out how it can be solved.

If there is any other kind of idea/suggestion, it will be welcome.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Tuctas

Increase your margin sizes where the cut is taking place: that will fix it for now until you find a solution.
Message 5 of 5
Tuctas
in reply to: pendean

No, neither that...

Probably something deeper...

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta