Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Press and Drag Autosave hang

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
624 Views, 5 Replies

Press and Drag Autosave hang

I haven't been able to find anyone else who has this problem but I have autosave turned off, yet every time I try to press and drag an object, ACAD2007 autosaves, and it takes 5-10 seconds. Very annoying and I can't figure out how to turn it off, or fix it so it doesn't hang. I don't know what changed but it hasn't always done this, and I'm not ready to reinstall, if that even fixes it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What changed on your PC, or with your R2007 installation (add-on, tweak, freebie, update, downgrade, new PC, new OS, new profile, new AutoCAD profile etc.).
Software doesn't just break one day: press-and-drag should turn anything on, so you have something running that's helping things along for you.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. It could be a network thing. I guess even though autosave is turned off, it's still kind of on, and there's no way to prevent it from autosaving when I press and drag?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

They are not tied together: your autosave must be coming on at other times, or the delay is someting else altogether.
If you think the problem is network based, move your files to your PC, unplug from the network/internet, and test.
Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I guess even though autosave is turned off, it's still kind of on

What exactly does AutoCAD write to the command-line when that happens?

It may be that AutoCAD does a normal save and not an autosave, I guess it's first necessary to know what type of save is it before starting to check how it's activated.

>> every time I try to press and drag an object

Also interesting: in every drawing? Also when you use e.g. DesignCenter and drag something into your current drawing?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

>> I guess even though autosave is turned off, it's still kind of on

What exactly does AutoCAD write to the command-line when that happens?

>> every time I try to press and drag an object

Also interesting: in every drawing? Also when you use e.g. DesignCenter and drag something into your current drawing?

Thanks for the reply. In the command-line, it says "_u DROPGEOM GROUP Specify Opposite corder:" Below it says "Saving..." with a progress bar. This happens whenever I try to press-and-drag any object in my drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta