Order attributes blocks in block.dwg instead of drawing with block

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sander.van.pelt
314 Views, 3 Replies

Order attributes blocks in block.dwg instead of drawing with block

Hello all,
We use another application within AutoCad to draw HVAC installations. Now we place several blocks which all contain attribute definitions.
However, the attributes are not in a logical/correct order.

Now I can change that order in every drawing with BATTMAN, but if I add the same block in another drawing, then everything is wrong again.

If I open the block itself, the dwg, then I cannot put these attributes in the right order because in this drawing it is not a block but an ordinary drawing with some lines, solids, logo (removed in attachment) and 38 attribute definitions.

How could I ensure that this block is inserted in such a way that the order of the attributes is correct/are in a much more logical order?
Now you see the properties of the block in the image. For example, here you can see that the "MOD_CODE_" attributes begin with "MOD-DATE_F". But the entire sequence "MOD_DATE_F" through "MOD_CODE_A" should start with "MOD_CODE_A" and end with "MOD_DATE_F". Completely the other way around. These attributes must also be at the very bottom of the list, because they are less important because they are not filled in everywhere.

properties.png

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tramber
in reply to: sander.van.pelt

I would :

Insert the block somewhere. Explod it.

Then i would use the BLOCK command itself and select the attributes in the right order, one by one and then the rest of the objects (taking all, doesn't matter if it includes the already selected [one by one] attributes, by the way).

Then i would WBLOC the block I just would have created to put it where you want, as a dwg, i.e. your wish.

Should work 😉

NB : in fact, the only use of WBLOC would be possible, not necessary to use BLOCK.

Message 3 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: sander.van.pelt

Or open the modelspace by BEDIT and use BATTORDER

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thank you Tramber!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta