Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
175 Views, 2 Replies

Need help

when i try to use middle mouse button + ctrl(custom view) everything goes wrong so i can only use front view. what i have to do to fix it??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> use middle mouse button + ctrl

If you first press the <middle mouse button> you enter the PAN mode, pressing <CTRL> afterwards does not change anthing to this mode.

In case you first press and hold <CTRL> and then <middle mouse button> then ...

>> everything goes wrong

I'm really not sure what you mean by "everything goes wrong", can you please explain this once more with more details?

Let us know exactly

• what you want to do (what you expect)
  • what you do (keyboard, mouse, ...)
  • what you get (screenshot?)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
beyoungjr
in reply to: Anonymous

CTRL+middle mouse button (wheel) initiates a 3D orbit based upon the position of your cursor when clicked.  If you are zoomed in on your object/s too tightly then you will get an "everything goes wrong" result where things just orbit out of view and unexpectedly.

The UCS will not change so if you were working with the Top or World UCS it remains.  If you are working with Front UCS it too would remain.

I first instruct my students to zoom out a bit before orbit so that they can see and predict better what they are trying to view.

Questions asked by @Alfred.NESWADBA still remain so answer those and we can further assist.

Don't forget the Undo icon when things go wonky;)

Cheers,

Blaine

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta