Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore layer states multiple xref at same time.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wang890
1257 Views, 3 Replies

restore layer states multiple xref at same time.

i have like 40 xref files, legal mapping files, each cad file has more or less same layer names inside all turned on and all colour. i set up one layer state for one of these xref and need to "apply all" to the rest in the same drawing.

anyone have a way to do this? 

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: wang890

Hello @wang890

I believe you need to edit your xrefs under one layer state?.... I have a workflow that may work, you have the option of opening the Xref In-place.

edit xref in-place.png

Properties > Layer       Operator > Select All

Quick Select - Layer- Select All.png

Select the layer. 

Edit xref layer states.png

Try reviewing the links below on how you can export/import Layer States & settings, if you need something this extensive. 

About Importing and Exporting Layer States and Settings

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: wang890

LAYERSTATE command does not work with "more or less" equal files: it requires 100% similarity, other layers are simply ignored. Is that all you want to do, more-or-less get a bunch of files to be somewhat close enough?

Nothing built-in to do the task, you can write a script with the commands noted above and a processor tool like this http://www.cadig.com/products/autocad-script-pro.php

Message 4 of 4
wang890
in reply to: pendean

yeah. I  looked around and there were people like me trying to use wildcard match on the layer names by mod the las text file but autocad is not programmed to do it that way. one way is to rename the xref name in the xref manager and then restore with another las which is from another drawing. I can work with this for this round since eventually I need to have 1 to 2 xref in production drawing at a time.

later I may just write a .net to do that. maybe someone has something already lol.

last resort is use the script to change original. if possible I don't want to mess with the original files. I think the script you mentioned will open each file and do stuff like the layer state since once opened all layers will match the layer state (no xref name prefix with a vertical line symbol)

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report