Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asymmetric double door half lite

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
973 Views, 4 Replies

asymmetric double door half lite

Is is possible to have a double door with one leaf wider with half lite on both leafs? Thanks in advance for the help. K

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Is is possible to have a double door with one leaf

>> wider with half lite on both leafs?

If you are using AutoCAD (Vanilla) then you can create your own blocks for doors, which ever dimensions you need.

If you are using AutoCAD Architecture (or MEP) then you should ask in the correct forum >>>over there<<<.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
pendean

You can draw pretty much anything you want in AutoCAD: can you explain your challenge a bit more? I'm assuming you know howto draw in AutoCAD but if not please correct me.

Or are you not using AutoCAD? Or need help creating blocks? Or something else?

TIA

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If I understand the question correctly, you are asking if such a door is or can actually be made(?) The answer to that is yes, most major door manufacturers will make double doors with 1 full-size leaf and 1 smaller, usually 36" & 24", and also  to custom width combinations as well. We buy them (cleanroom grade aluminum finish with clear glass) in both standard and custom size combinations. I worked for a custom wood door manufacturer for several years, and custom width double door sizes were fairly common, with and without glass. Look on the internet for a manufacturer of the type of door you have in mind that operates in your area for actual availability. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5
beyoungjr

Hi,

Five foot doorways were very common in commercial facilities with unequal leaves (2'/3').  Not sure that "half-lite" is the correct term for the door you showed but I have certainly seen these doors in various government and educational facilities.

Stanley offers a huge variety of commercial doors but there are many other manufacturers as well.  Once you ID a manufacturer you might find their 123specs and CAD details through their web portals.  If not then head on over to Sweets to work through their systems in find the architectural details you need.

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta