Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer is just printing blank pages.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
scottlarsonCAUJ4
3697 Views, 4 Replies

My printer is just printing blank pages.

Good Morning All,

I have AutoCad LT 2019. When I first installed my printer was printing fine.  This morning I'm trying to print some drawings with my default windows printer, there are just printing blank pages. A setting must got changed by mistake but I don't know which one. When I click on the printer icon and select my printer, click on the preview button, it just shows a blank page. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

when you start command _PLOT while you have your layout active, what option have you defined as plot area? Make sure it's "Layout" so you get the same content you can see in your current layout.

20181104_102951.png

To see if that depends on your plotter you might chose a different device like "DWG to PDF.pc3", also make sure the correct page format and scaling is set. At least, in case you use a CTB or STB uncheck the "plot with plotstyles" on the right side and try to plot again.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I use to choose the limits on what to plot drop down list. Please see attached image.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> I use to choose the limits

And you you tried any of my suggestions?

BTW: "Limits" is the worst option to use in that case, because limits is something manually defined (e.g from 0,0 to 17",11") and your geometry might be outside that area.

First for plotting, try to learn how layouts are working, that's the much better way than to plot from modelspace.

Second in case of modelspace either specify the window area you want to plot or use "Display" to get plotted what you currently see.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

if you are printing a layout go to layout manager and re-chose the same paper size
then try printing again
It worked for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta