Did you mean: 

Multi Selection and replace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Pablo_Gonzalez87Y5H
251 Views, 3 Replies

Multi Selection and replace

Hi Community, 

I need to do a selection of hundreds of items, they are already in layers, I know how to make the Qselect, 

My problem begins when I have to replace these multiple items with a new one. 

The original items it is an arch, or half a circle, I need to select all of them and replace them with something else. 

Is there a way to do this? 

I really want to save myself some time and not replacing one by one, I just don't have the time.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Get their center points and put a block at those points.

Message 3 of 4

@Pablo_Gonzalez87Y5H wrote:

.... The original items it is an arch, or half a circle, I need to select all of them and replace them with something else.  ....

That would be greatly affected by exactly what the "something else" is.  A Poiht at the Arc center?  A Block with its insertion point there?  A Line across the chord between its ends?  An Arc of a different size?  Text of some kind?  And is the arch an Arc object specifically, or something else, such as a Block, a Polyline arc segment [or more than one], a partial Ellipse with equal axes?  Etc., etc.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4

@Pablo_Gonzalez87Y5H What you are asking for works best if EVERYTHING is a block with a shared or common INSERTION POINT and possibly even orientation. Are they? If not, that's going to be a challenge to replace perfectly.

Can you share your DWG file and a copy of that "something else"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta