Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager fields auto-populating non-entered information

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
engineeringCABE4
465 Views, 5 Replies

Sheet Set Manager fields auto-populating non-entered information

While using AutoCAD with the Sheet Set Manager I have run into an error that's occurring. When I use Sheet Set Custom Properties and use Of Sheets as a property to edit then publish to PDF AutoCAD has been populating numbers that aren't entered into the Sheet Set Custom Properties menu. For example I create drawings packets that are separated by subsets and need to change the number of total sheets in each packet and so when I enter lets say 4 to be Sheet for OF 4 then save it will publish OF 12 or something entirely different. The Sheet Set Field is still highlighted and the error seems spontaneous as it works around 70% of the time lately on my drawings packets. I've resorted to entering each of the sheet of fields manually as a work-around but am wondering why the error is occurring only some of the time while each drawing is replicated off of the same exact sheet set template file. Can you please provide some feedback to troubleshoot this problem that's occurring?

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JTBWorld
in reply to: engineeringCABE4

This property is not a standard AutoCAD sheet set property. 

Do you only use AutoCAD as CAD app?

Do you use any 3rd party app? 

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 6

Sheet Set Manager allows users to create custom fields to populate without add-ons. No add-ons should be needed or used. It's a part of the built in feature, to create and use custom field properties that you want. Although I'm not sure why I get this error intermittently.

Message 4 of 6
JTBWorld

Yes, but then you need to update "Of Sheets" manually. If you want it automatically we have an app for it. 

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports

Message 5 of 6
engineeringCABE4
in reply to: JTBWorld

I right click the top Sheet Set Properties menu, and then enter the total sheets for a subset, then I save and verified the information in paper space. When I right click and publish to pdf from the subset menu the PDF prints and the number isn't what is in paper space or the Sheet Set Properties menu. I shouldn't need an additional application for the fields to update properly when printed to pdf, should I?

Message 6 of 6
JTBWorld

Do you save the drawing before?

Do you publish in the background or not? 

Jimmy Bergmark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report