Did you mean: 

Modules Program

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
1261 Views, 24 Replies

Modules Program

All of a sudden I get the message that the Modules Program Director is missing from my AutoCAD 2013.  I tried a Reinstall but that did not fix the problem. Suggestions?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I am afraid that I don't know what that refers to.  Is this vanilla AutoCAD or one of the verticals? Can you post a screen capture for me?

Have you tried a Reset Settings to Default to correct it?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello John - One of my customers sent me a  3D model of a bevel gear and when I opened the file, to view the model, the following message appeared on the screen -

AutoCAD Message

Modules Program Director does not exist. May need to re-Install.

The message was inside a box and the screen was whited out and I could not proceed until I deleted the message.

I did a REPAIR on my AutoCAD  2013 and that did not fix the problem.   I then did a   RE-INSTALL and that did not fix the problem.  The guy who sent me the 3D model says he does not know what caused the problem.  

Once I delete the message, my AutoCAD returns to normal with a normal 3D mode ribbon.

Any help solving this would be very much appreciated.

Message 4 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> One of my customers sent me a  3D model

Can you ask your customer which program exactly was used to create that file, because this message won't appear when the dwg-file was created with Vanilla AutoCAD (so not a vertical and not an app/plugin on top of AutoCAD).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I can't reach him until Monday Alfred but will call him and report back.

Thanks for the response.

RBP

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous

I just found out that the 3D image sent to me was created with Mechanical Desktop and the Modules Program comes from that link.  So how do I adjust my AutoCAD 2013 to fix the problem?

Message 7 of 25
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Perhaps the MEP Object Enabler would allow you to work with this file but I am not convinced.  Can you share the file on a post and let me take a look or email to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com if it needs to be private?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous

Hello John - when I open up my 2013 there is a box in the middle of the screen and the program is "wihited" out. 

The text in the box says -

AutoCAD Message

Modules Program director does not exist. May need to

re-install.

When I dismiss the box, the program comes back to normal and functions completely normally.  And while it is whited out, I cannot do anything so I cannot get a screen shot to send you.

Message 9 of 25
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,4

Can you share the actual file with me so I can try to get it open on my computer?

John Vellek

Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

Not sure what you mean by the "file" John -

Bob

Message 11 of 25
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I was under the impression that you are trying to open a drawing file with your AutoCAD 2013. I would like to see that file. If you are having problems just opening AutoCAD 2013 to create a new file then I suggest performing a Reset Settings to Default.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous

Here's the full story John - I have been looking for a 3D Bevel gear program and someone sent me a file of a 3D bevel gear created with his software that was written to run on Mechanical Desktop.  When I opened that file is the first time i got the message about the missing "Modules Program -- - - "

Ever since then, each time I opened my 2013 program the missing modules message appears.  Once I delete the msg. my 2013 program seems to functioning OK. 

Then I tried to fix the problem by doing a REPAIR on my 2013 but that did not solve the problem.  Then I did a RE-INSTALL  and that did not fix the problem.

Tis a mystery!

RBP

Message 13 of 25
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

This helps a lot to understand your issue. Thanks for your explanation and patience with me.

If you logon to your computer as a new user and then start AutoCAD, does that correct the error message?  Have you tried to perform a Reset Settings To Default?

John Vellek

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous

At the risk of seeming t be dumb, I do not know how to log on as anyone else.  I am the only user of this computer, a Lenovo S-30 workstation running Windows 7,  SP 1.

As to RESET TO DEFAULT, how does one do that?  As I told you, I did do a RESTORE and then a RELOAD and that had no effect on the getting rid of the problem.  The sender of the problem file did suggest that if I was inclined to commit suicide, I could try to mess around with the Register but I politely declined that suggestion.  :o(

Message 15 of 25
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

You can go into your Windows Control panel to the User Accounts section. 

Capture.PNG

This is where you would create a new logon account. You should make the account to be an Administrator.

Capture1.PNG

If this looks beyond your skill level, the easier option will be to do the Reset. Click on the bold text in my previous post for instructions.

John Vellek

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

John - I tried to follow your suggestion but could not find the command to Reset to Default.

Can you lock on to my computer with the LogMeIn123.com program so that you could see my screen?

Bob

Message 17 of 25
john.vellek

Hi Bob - I sent you an email to make a remote session with you. Please let me know if you have received it.

John Vellek

Message 18 of 25
john.vellek

Hi Bob - We still have not had the opportunity to connect. Please get back to me so we can get something scheduled so we can get this issue wrapped up for you.

Have a good weekend.

John Vellek

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

Hi John - I am still working on the repair/restoration of the power steering system on my 1984 International tractor.  The needed part won't arrive till Monday and when that work is behind me I will get back to you.

I am very grateful to you for sticking with this AutoCAD problem.

Cheers

Bob

Message 20 of 25
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see how the tractor is wrapping up and if you would still like to connect in order to get this resolved.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta