Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logos in AutoCAD - 2.0

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
zzz144
736 Views, 10 Replies

Logos in AutoCAD - 2.0

In my title blocks, I would like the logo printed to PDF to look nice and crisp as if it came out of illustrator. 
- raster/bitmap logos always print terrible. 
- I tried converting the logo to DWG and using hatch but that also prints terrible, triangulated,
- I from Illustrator to export to PDF (which looks good) and then inserting that PDF into AutoCAD but the plot/print job is always terrible. 

How is this not possible in 2024? There must be a way. 
If the PDF is inserted (not imported) into AutoCAD, why does AutoCAD need to re-print it when plotting - just take it and transfer to the the plotted document... 

And good luck if your logo has any gradients etc... 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: zzz144
Message 3 of 11
zzz144
in reply to: pendean

Thanks but the links are of no help... 
Files attached. 
I'd like the logo in file 4 to be as crisp as it is in 2. 

Message 4 of 11
zzz144

Here are the other files. 

Message 5 of 11
pendean

@zzz144 wrote:

Here are the other files. 

Thanks, so what issue are you unhappy with please? These logos are 'about' the same size on my screen, and the topic of your letter-sized PDF is the wall section. See below, page-size and zoomed in

pendean_0-1709323476236.png

pendean_1-1709323551283.png

@zzz144 wrote:

...Thanks but the links are of no help...

No idea what you tried then.

Message 6 of 11
zzz144
in reply to: pendean

Tried them all. Even re-creating the logo in AutoCAD. No luck. EMW, WMF, PDF, TIF, PNG, JPG...etc. etc. Both importing as OLE and attaching. 

Look at this comparison. Just not good enough for professional software. You may disagree and that is your right. I can list 2720.00 reasons why I think that. 

Comparison.png

Message 7 of 11
pendean

Q: why would a recipient of your letter-sized sheet about a wall detail zoom in that close to a letter of a logo?

pendean_0-1709329732865.png

Just curious, not being argumentative: the topic of the page and target audience might need to carry more weight.

Message 8 of 11
zzz144

A pdf (made from Illustrator) just inserted (not imported) into AutoCAD displays great. 
Plotting/printing the same and its atrocious. 
Why not spend a bit of time on improving how this inserted PDF gets simply translated (not re-printed) into the new printout. Look at the attached. Zoom in. Perfect. Why not from AutoCAD. 

But we could talk about the fish, I guess. 

Message 9 of 11
TheCADnoob

I always redraw the items in AutoCAD (not import) so that they are native in the DWG. These do well enough. 

I completely understand the struggle. I cant stand the way raster images look in dwgs and hard copies. That said, there are complications of having the vector be it in DWG or xref PDF. 

I would suggest sending Autodesk feedback on this. 

https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Or you can always try exporting your DWG to Illustrator and doing the printing from there. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
tramber

- I tried converting the logo to DWG and using hatch but that also prints terrible, triangulated,
- I from Illustrator to export to PDF (which looks good) and then inserting that PDF into AutoCAD but the plot/print job is always terrible. 

Converting ? How ? From ?

And why don't you tell about Illustrator capabilities to save in DWG. Did you start from there ?

Message 11 of 11
zzz144

@TheCADnoob 
Right - I take the compromising approach because that is all I have. 

I have tried exporting to illustrator but this is time consuming... Especially when you think of 20pages or 100's. 
I just wish this would be handled.

@tramber 
Yes, I am quite familiar with both IL export and AutoCAD Import and am quite proficient with both programs (I think).
Getting them into AutoCAD is easy - and even getting them look good in AutoCAD is easy - in vector format with with hatch or solid fill etc. - but printing these with even 'good quality' to look like the original (IL->PDF export such as file 2 above) is not possible. Not arguing just wish they would make it work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta