Did you mean: 

Layout Tab Won't Shut Off AutoCAD 2019

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
EBSPEAMD
1172 Views, 13 Replies

Layout Tab Won't Shut Off AutoCAD 2019

I just recently installed AutoCAD 2019 and every time I switch from Model to Layout Space the ribbon switches to the Layout tab on the Ribbon.  I then went into my CUI and attempted to switch it from "Full with Focus" to "Full without Focus".  When I got in there, the "Full without Focus" option was already listed.  How do I actually get it to stop switching to the Layout Tab on my Ribbon if it already thinks it is doing it?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: EBSPEAMD

Are you talking about FILETABs switching between files? And are you clicking on the preview images that come up or just the file tab button without hesitation?

Or did you actually dock your model/layout tabs up top at the Ribbon?

Message 3 of 14
EBSPEAMD
in reply to: pendean

Hi 

I'm talking about the ribbon tabs.  When I switch to paper space, the ribbon automatically leaves the home tab and shows the layout tab.  See the screen shots and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 14
natasha.l

Hello @EBSPEAMD

It seems you are trying to customize your Toolbar, you can do this from the "Manage' Tab > "CUI User Interface". 

Then "Toolbars" > "Layout" click apply. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 14
EBSPEAMD
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi 

I followed Option #2 in the following link:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Message 6 of 14
pendean
Message 7 of 14
EBSPEAMD
in reply to: pendean

Hi 

No, that doesn't help.  When I switch to paper space from model space, the ribbon tab switches from home to layout.  At this point, I'd be better off uninstalling and reinstalling it.  My guess is that the migration of my AutoCAD 2013 info into 2019 messed this up somehow.

I installed 2019 at home and when I migrated my 2017 info over, the problem doesn't exist.  So I really don't know what to do.

Message 8 of 14
BrianBenton

Before you reinstall, try doing a "repair". It's quicker and might fix your issue with less effort.

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Message 9 of 14
EBSPEAMD
in reply to: BrianBenton

Thanks 

Message 10 of 14
s.borello

Maybe you want to check out the "FILETABTHUMBHOVER"  system variable... see below.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/how-to-turn-off-file-tab-hover-preview/td-p/6346443

Message 11 of 14
EBSPEAMD
in reply to: s.borello

Hi s.borello,

That didn't work either.  I think somehow in the migration that part must have gotten corrupted.  I'm going to try and match the settings in my other profile and then just use the 2019 profile instead of the migrated one.  Otherwise I have to uninstall and reinstall.

Message 12 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

as far as I can see from your initial screenshot I would say "Full without focus" is the correct setting ... and yes, when switching to layout it should appear, the tab layout should not be made active.

It might help change the setting to "Full with focus", save in CUI dialog, test if it's working, close and reopen AutoCAD and change the setting back (to "Full without focus") and again close and reopen AutoCAD.

If that does not work, could it be possible that you had migrated settings when you first started AutoCAD?

Or do you have a setup where enterprise menu's are active or anyone else created a modified ACAD.CUIX in the UserDataCache folder which is used then whenever a user starts AutoCAD for the first time?

My next step would be to start command _CUI, right click the main cui and reset it, so you only need to recreate the workspaces.

20190302_120914.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 13 of 14
EBSPEAMD
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred.NESWADBA,

This looks intriguing.  Since I'm not at the office, I will give it a shot on Monday.  The issue also happened to my boss and one of my coworkers so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software (just as they did and will avoid the migration unless you think I should try the migration and your idea).  If it occurs again then hopefully your solution will offer something I can do.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 14
EBSPEAMD

OK so it seems the uninstall/reinstall fixed the problem.  The migration of the 2013 profiles and CUI must have messed things up.  Thank you everyone for trying!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta