Did you mean: 

Image "High Quality" retention

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
6187 Views, 27 Replies

Image "High Quality" retention

Using AutoCad 2016.  (previous editions as well)

Images pasted into drawings using the "High Graphics" setting do not permanently retain the "High Graphics" setting.  Image automatically reverts to "Low Graphics" setting when drawing is closed then re-opened.

This results in the images not appearing when printing to a printer.   ( Interestingly, the image does appear when using Adobe Editor to produce PDFs, in spite of Editor apparently using the Print layout saved in the drawing to produce the PDF.)

In order to have the image appear in the printout, the image property has to be manually reset to "High Graphics" before printing.  This obviously creates numerous problems in the real world, including batch plotting, and other CAD users not being aware that this effort is necessary in order to print complete information.

Methods/settings tried that would presumably be approprate:

Inserting using:   Paste Special /  Picture (Enhanced Metafile)

Setting:  OLEQUALITY to 2

Is anyone out there aware of a method to make images inserted as "High Graphics" stay in the "High Graphics" setting?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I'm not sure, but evidently Autodesk licensing will not allow the guest user to run Autocad on the owner's license.

I did give the guest user admin rights.  Let me know if I'm doing something wrong here.

Are there any particular environment settings under suspicion that I could check?

On my Client's system, obviously I am not even able to create an additional account.

Incidently, my client is an international company with hundreds of locations.  They invest an awful lot into IT, and own quite a few licenses of Autodesk products.   If we discover an environment setting problem here, I'm sure they will be happy to find out about it.

The file that I uploaded for your evaluation, the Printer/Plotter setting is: Default Windows System Printer.pc3

I did try an IMAGEATTACH, and yes, the image quality is altered...for the worse  (though this particular image is pretty bad already)

Thanks for sticking with us on this.   We are looking forward to getting this very irritating problem resolved.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To clarify my last post...

While at my client's location, and not online... using my laptop... I turned on Guest Account, gave it admin rights, and tried to open ACAD under the Guest account.  

As I mentioned, ACAD would not open for me under those circumstances.  ( I can't go online with my laptop at my client's location )

Now, at my home office, online... big brother no longer trusts my license.   I get the "Product Registration & Activation" dialog saying my Activation limit is exceeded!!

I still need your help, because as far as I know, I have no other choice.. but I gotta say...

Thanks Pal...   I'm trying to get some real work done here, and now I have to make some really long phone calls to get this crap straightened out.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous

Tluciano & Charles  are same

Message 24 of 28
john.vellek

Good morning @Anonymous,

I am sorry you are still battling this problem.

To resolve your activation issue please contact Activation and Registration

In the future, please try using the Transfer License Utility to move between workstations. This way you limit the number of times you are actually activating a license.

Once you have resolved this issue, please let me know if you would like to connect via a remote session.

I am unsure why the setting is being reset incorrectly but I suggest that OLE is probably not the best practice to follow with Image attachments. At any rate, please post when you are ready to continue and if you would like me to remote into your desktop.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John,

I'll be in touch as soon as I get my License issue resolved.   I'll have to wait til I get home.  I'm at my client's location.

I am Eastern time zone, I'm guessing you are Pacific?

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous

John,

I could have you remote in now if you are available.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous

To anyone following this thread, here is the current status:

Autodesk recognizes the behavior described in the initial post to be an intermitant problem, and has had complaints about it before.  However, no cause has been identified, nor solution found to resolve it so far. 

John has elevated the troubleshooting of this problem to"Second Tier" circa 5/5/2016.

Message 28 of 28
Anonymous

Issue resolved!!

The problem was unintenionally self inflicted.  Let me explain.

At our company we share drawings with other companies, some still using pretty old versions of Autocad.  In order to avoid the issue of newer drawings not opening in older Autocad versions, we set or default save to version 2000.   This is one setting too far back.

If the default save is set to version 2004, High Graphics will be retained.

A big Duhhh for me!    A Big thanks to those who helped: John, sthompson & Joshua at Autodesk who figured this out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta