Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2016 & adobe professional dc?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tsdrafting
2064 Views, 6 Replies

autocad 2016 & adobe professional dc?

I have searched on this topic and can't seem to find what I am looking for.  I am hoping someone out there can help me out.    I am thinking of upgrading from AutoCAD 2010 to 2016 - before the perpetual licence option is gone. 

Currently, I am using AutoCAD 2010 with Adobe Pro 9 - and everything works perfect together.  I use Adobe pro 9 for other software as well - NOT just AutoCAD.  I am a Canadian – so the $4200 US price is about $5700 for me. Before I make the investment, I would like to know if everything will be worth it once I take the plunge.

My question is – if I am using AutoCAD 2016, and purchase Adobe Pro = do they work well with each other? Is there an icon or button within AutoCAD for adobe to make pdf files? OR is it within the drop down menu? I know AutoCAD 2016 has upgraded there pdf creator and there is not really a need to go to adobe, but like I mentioned before, I use adobe pro for other reasons.

Is there anyone out there that uses the two programs above in sync and has any feedback or comments?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nrz13
in reply to: tsdrafting

We're using AutoCAD 2016 and Adobe Acrobat Pro XI without issues on Windows 7 in our office.  I don't see any Adobe buttons installed in AutoCAD (just did a quick look); we plot to Adobe PDF through the PLOT dialog.

The built-in AutoCAD 2016 PDF driver has a lot of potential.  It's less buggy now with SP1 installed, but it still has quirks and not a lot of options to configure it the way you may like.  The advantage is that it keeps the PDF vector-based, resulting in smaller file sizes (unless there's an image) and better resolution when zooming in.  It also creates PDF files much faster than Adobe Acrobat.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 7
tsdrafting
in reply to: nrz13

Thanks for your input.  I searched out and bought Adobe Pro X1 - as per your personal experience.  One quick question for you.  I draw house plans for a living, and have multiple tabs for seperate pages.  Is there a way to print all tab pages into a single document?  Or does each tab get it's own file?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
nrz13

You can look into creating sheet sets with the PUBLISH command.

If you already have individual PDF files, you can select them all, right-click on them, and select "Combine file in Acrobat..." (with Acrobat installed, obviously).  A dialog will appear allowing you to change the order.  Click "Combine Files" and they are combined into one PDF file.  Whatever each file is named as will become a bookmark for that sheet in the document.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 7
tsdrafting
in reply to: nrz13

Just thought I would mention this in case someone else is looking into a resolution.  I bought AutoCAD 2016, and Adobe X1 Pro.  When I open Adobe X1 pro, there is an option at the main menu start screen to "Combine files into PDF".  When I select that - I select my AutoCAD DWG file.  Adobe takes all the tabs that I have preset in AtuoCAD and automatically converts each tab o a multipage PDF file in one single file.  It works perfect, is fast, and the line work is crisp and perfect.

Just thought I would share that in case any one else once to achieve the multi tab/page  PDF file.

Message 6 of 7
wispoxy

Be sure to remove your other adobe drivers to prevent accidental use.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

You can use command EXPORTPDF and this will create a pdf file with all your tabs in the order you have them. Also in adobe acrobat X you can control where you want each page.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta