Did you mean: 

how to show the length of line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
49046 Views, 4 Replies

how to show the length of line

I am having a problem with showing the length of the lines. In previous time, when I want to prolong a line, there will be length for the prolonged part and the new whole length shown on the screen, but now there is only the prolonged part. And when I wanted to draw a new line, the length of the line was also shown before, but now it does not show when I want to connect two existing point. Could anyone tell me what change did I make and how to change back? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and Welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

LENGTHEN command line will notice you the length of the lines also Ctrl+1 will do. turn on F12 to show the length live.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks Imad, F12 changed it back, I think I pressed it sometime by mistake. It really makes life much easier. Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, very very new to Autocad and learning lots....how do I make the length of a line appear below in the Command area (?) 

PGillingEAQEV_0-1630533339185.png

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, very very new to Autocad and learning lots....how do I make the length of a line appear below in the Command area (?) 

PGillingEAQEV_0-1630533339185.png

With:

1.  the LIST command, and you'll need to either pull up the command area top edge to show more lines, or hit F2 to flip to the text screen.

2.  the DIST command measuring from end to end [likewise more lines, but not as many].

But you can see it easily in other ways.  Just select it, and look at its Properties, one of which is its Length.  Or if you have dynamic input on [F12 key], just select it and hover over one of its end grips.  Or use MEASUREGEOM's Distance option from end to end, and it will show you most of what the LIST command does, but graphically out in the drawing.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta