Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Changes to a different pattern whenever I try to add boundaries

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
swallis3DMS4
304 Views, 4 Replies

Hatch Changes to a different pattern whenever I try to add boundaries

As seen below, I have a residential that I'm trying to use a certain hatch pattern on. It won't let me create the brick pattern to the left and right of the door in the middle, so I copied and pasted from another view in the project. The pattern it won't let me create already exists in the project. When I tried to add the windows and door as new boundary objects, it automatically changes the pattern to a different brick pattern. It's not checked as annotative, and once I hit enter to finish the hatch edit, it won't let me change anything about the pattern. It's still the same scale, same layer, same everything EXCEPT the pattern I need. I'm really frustrated because I can't seem to figure out a solution through google or on my own. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: swallis3DMS4

Is that a hatch pattern created by someone else, that you yourself cannot create exactly in a blank file using on HATCH command by chance? "copy/paste" and "it won't let me create" seem to point to that.

Ask that DWG file creator that placed the hatch to share that hatch PAT file/code with you, it's required to do anything like you stated in AutoCAD.

You are welcome to share that elevation with that hatch here if you want someone over here to confirm it is not a stock hatch pattern but came from outside/another source too.

TIA
Message 3 of 5
swallis3DMS4
in reply to: pendean

So if I no longer had access to that previous drafter's files/codes, the hatch pattern is essentially burnt, and I'd have to try and replicate it from scratch?

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper

Yes.  That kind of pattern you can easily create with RunningBondHPG.lsp, >here<.  The HPG stands for Hatch Pattern Generator.  Read the comments at the top of the file.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
pendean

@swallis3DMS4 wrote:

So if I no longer had access to that previous drafter's files/codes, the hatch pattern is essentially burnt, and I'd have to try and replicate it from scratch?

You could try a LISP like this to speed up the recreation of that hatch as another option

https://www.cadforum.cz/en/download.asp?fileID=1208#:~:text=Free%20applications%20and%20CAD%20utilit...

OR try the attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report