6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
michael_m_2
319 Views, 6 Replies

Filter by Lineweight

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD 2024.

To make a long story short, I have a drawing which has many lines drawn at 0.05mm, but also has lines drawn at 0.09mm and 0.15mm.  I would like to change all of the 0.05mm lines to 0.15mm.  As far as I can see, the FILTER command does not have an option to select objects by lineweight.  Is there some way in AutoCAD to select objects by lineweight, so I can do a blanket selection for all of the 0.05mm lines?  I was not able to find any threads about this using the search feature when I searched "filter by lineweight".  

Thank you for any help. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
luis.asantos
in reply to: michael_m_2

Hi Michael,

In the Filter command is this not possible. Are these lines on a specify layer? If yes, you can try use this process:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ARCHDESK/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-7AD10AF7-EE2A-445D-91B4-9865B11CC701

Gostou da publicação? Não se esqueça de Curtir e marcar Aceitar como solução! 

EESignature

Luis André

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | QualifiCAD | Credly

Message 3 of 7
Kent1Cooper

If you know where one is that you can select, SELECTSIMILAR can find other things of the same Lineweight, with or without also limiting to other properties such as Layer, object type, etc. [go into the SEttings option].

Or, if you have a known Lineweight, AutoLisp can find things.  For 0.5mm Lines:

(sssetfirst nil (ssget '((0 . "LINE") (370 . 5))))

will find every Line among your selection [such as by window, etc.] that is of that Lineweight, and select-grip-highlight it/them.  Likewise, other filter components can be added [on a particular Layer, etc.].  To find everything in the entire drawing, of any object type, of that Lineweight:

(ssget "_X" '((370 . 5)))

There are lots of filtering and selection options in (ssget).

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 7
cadffm

QSELECT

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm wrote:

QSELECT

Of course.  I assumed [without looking] from their description about FILTER that QSELECT would have the same kind of limitation, but it does not.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 7
apjones

Use the _.QSELECT command.  (See attached Pic)

apjones_0-1717164890333.png

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
michael_m_2

Thank you for all of these replies. I had forgotten about the QSELECT command, and was unaware of the SELECTSIMILAR command. I don't have a lot of time at work to look at these replies/test these things out (hence my replying on the weekend) but in the next week I should try these solutions and mark the corresponding answers as solutions.

And in answer to the question of if the lines are on a specific layer, they are unfortunately on multiple different layers.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta