Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error/Blue Screen/Video Card

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3513 Views, 10 Replies

Fatal Error/Blue Screen/Video Card

I’m using AutoCAD 2018 Student on gaming laptop with Windows 10. Worked fine all summer; now is crashing all the time with Fatal Errors/Blue Screens re: Video Driver. I have NVIDIA GTX1050 updated. Is it a Windows Update conflict? Need it to work! Have tried many solutions from various blogs/forums, including turning off Hardware Acceleration. Still get the problem. Latest try was to reinstall Windows fresh and reinstall AutoCAD. Got Fatal Error right away. Like I said above, it was totally fine all summer; I don’t understand why it has suddenly changed.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i assume you didn’t look up the blue screen error message?

a quick google search found this: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128567/fix-windows-driver-power-state-failure-error.html

not related to autodesk or autocad

you need to troubleshoot your computer

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

I have already updated my driver. I’ve now tried the second solution it suggested, but this is only for the Blur Screen - will it fix the Fatal Errors too?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I got another Blue Screen and Fatal Error right after I did your solutions.  I just spent $100 having my computer looked at by a computer store.  I don't get what could have changed between summer and now other than Windows 10 updates.

Message 5 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

BlueScreen means hardware defect or driver issues.

>> I have already updated my driver

As you stated you have a notebook ... look at the vendor's homepage for this laptop if there exist special drivers for your graphic-card in this laptop, that might help as sometimes OEM products use different drivers than the vendor of the graphic-card supports on his homepage.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 11
DarrenP

did you install the latest build of windows 10 i think its 1809?

this caused major issues including blue screens 

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

The computer guy did it, so I would assume so. How do I check? What version should I go back to?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

you really need to know how to use windows & google

read this: https://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how-to-find-out-which-build-and-version-of-windows-10-you-have/

you can google on how to go back a version

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

You really need to learn how to behave like a decent human being. If you don’t want to help people in a positive and constructive manner, then keep your thoughts to yourself.
Message 10 of 11
DarrenP

the blue screen error needs to be resolved you probably need to take the computer back to the store & have them troubleshoot whats wrong this can cause more issues down the road more than likely its a graphics card problem

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 11 of 11
pendean

@Anonymous was simply showing you how to help yourself. Your response went low in return. Not sure who was worse now.

Back to your issue: BlueScreen in Windows has always and still does means you have a catastrophic hardware failure waiting to happen. Take your PC to a repair shop or the store you got it from and get that fixed ASAP. Once it fries you will face bigger problems than forum responses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report