Did you mean: 

Editing line spacing in Draw Ribbon

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
FORBESWILSON6174
491 Views, 7 Replies

Editing line spacing in Draw Ribbon

I have finally decided to try the Ribbon route as opposed to the AutoCAD Classic option which I have used for twenty five years plus, but I want to customize it to suit my needs.

Generally, I have no problem following what to do and have created a few custom commands, but I have hit a brick wall with the Draw Tab, and in particular the Home 2D - Draw Panel. The commands Line, Polyline, Circle and Arc appear in the middle of the Draw Tab with a 'blank line above and below' the command line.

I have tried to find how to move the command line up on the internet so that I can add two rows of my custom commands, but I can't find anything.

Can someone help please, it is such a waste of space.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

>> ...but I want to customize it to suit my needs. <<

you can do that from Customize User Interface ( CUI ) . please learn more how to add and reposition commands from this link . >> Click <<

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

I have read through the link you sent me, which I had read through before, however I could not find an answer to my specific problem.

If I go through the process to the line command, I have already set the Button Style to small with Text, but the text in the ribbon is still centered in the second row of the Ribbon compared to the Sub-Pane to the right with the commands Rectangle, Ellipse and Hatch.

From the link you sent me, I cannot find how to adjust that position. The links refer to creating new commands.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

>> I have already set the Button Style to small with Text, but the text in the ribbon

>> is still centered in the second row of the Ribbon compared to the Sub-Pane to

>> the right with the commands Rectangle, Ellipse and Hatch.

Can you please show a screenshot of what you have now and mark the position of the item you are referring to.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8

Hopefully this will work. I have attached a shot of what I have now.

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

I guess you only have created 1 row. That is then (vertically) centered.

If you create 3 rows you can decide if your icons are in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd row presented.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8

Hi, I did not create the row, it is a standard from AutoCAD. I am trying to re position it so I can have three rows as per the commands to the right..

There are also other rows already created, but they won't move up, see attached screen shot.

Message 8 of 8

I have just worked out why the command line would not move up, it was because of the Sub-Panel with its rows.

Apologies to all for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Forbes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report