Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera view path

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
302 Views, 6 Replies

camera view path

hey guys I got 2 images to help you understand my problem .

Is it possible to set a walll dominat that will automaticly cutoff a part of my camera view block, that if i turn the camera view path a bit , it will automaticly be adjusted. Sorry for my english.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

would it help if you use _GROUP to group the camera + the wall to one (virtual) element. As long as PICKSTYLE is active whenever you select the camera and move or rotate it your wall will follow these modifications?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hey Alfred,

Thank you for your reply, 

But it doesn't solve my problem 

Regards,

Xanh

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> But it doesn't solve my problem 

Why?

Without more information's from your side I don't know what is missing in my suggestion!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I apologize but I am not really understanding your question.  Is it possible to attach a file with the initial condition and then a copy of what you want it to do when you move the camera?

Perhaps a Screencast video will better explain what you are looking to achieve.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hey Alred and John,

Thank you for your time.

I tried the following at Alfreds method, perhaps I did something wrong.

first I grouped the camera and the wall with the _group method, they became 1 group.

Next I used the command Pickstyle , and I selected the camera , than I tried to rotate  the camera but I deselected the group apperantly.

what I try to do is:  when I rotate the camera view against the wall , I want the wall to eat out the camera view(make that part dissapear or invisible).

If Im still not clear enough I will make a picture of what I want.

Kind regards,

Xanh

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> first I grouped the camera and the wall with the _group method,

>> they became 1 group. Next I used the command Pickstyle , and I

>> selected the camera , than I tried to rotate  the camera but I deselected the group apperantly.

PICKSTYLE is not a command, it's a system variable with different settings (>>>details<<<).

It should be set to 1 or 3 ... then a selection of any item of the group makes the complete group selected.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report