Did you mean: 

URGENT NEED OF RESPONSE

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
307 Views, 3 Replies

URGENT NEED OF RESPONSE

I haven't saved my drawing in AutoCAD, but is has been frozen for the past three hours. Is there any way it can be saved?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does your Drawing is higher DATA?.

Try Audit, Purge command on your Drawing.

If you can upload your drawing, We can help you quickly.

Message 3 of 4
elshawadfy

Hi @Anonymous!

If Autocad is currently completely frozen, then there isn't any way that I know of to save the drawing.. but here is some info you may find useful:

1- Pressing Ctrl+Break keys in the key board may break the current AutoCAD operation and cancel the current command..

2- If you're using multiple displays, sometimes the dialog box appear in a different screen, even if that screen is turned off.. in that case AutoCAD may appear in a frozen-like state.. usually when this happens, any time you click on the screen you here a beep.. this may be solved by pressing Alt+Space, then using the right & left arrows to move the stray dialog box again to the current screen..

3- When you open any AutoCAD drawing, with every save AutoCAD saves the previous file state in the .bak file located in the same place, so you may rename it to .dwg and open the file in state prior to your last successful save (Useful if the the original .DWG became corrupt)

4- Autocad automatically performs periodical saves to a temporary file in the temp folder for the purpose of auto recovery, it has the extension of of .sv$..

a- In the file explorer address bar type %temp% and press enter,

b- Group files by type,

c- Arrange them by last modified

d- Go to *.sv$ files,  and find the most recent one (or ones) and copy them somewhere  else..

Notes:

- Autocad  deletes these .sv$ files if the application was closed normally. So you'll find them only if the application is still running, or was closed unexpectedly, and you spent more than the designated save period without saving.., so try performing the previous steps before attempting to close the application just in case..

- The time between this periodic saves can be adjusted through the SAVETIME system variable, or from the options..

- Auocad when closed unexpectedly will automatically open the recovery panel, and show you all three of these options (Last saved dwg, the .bak file, and the .sv$ auto saved file each with its last saved time, so you may chose the latest..
- You may need to perform the recover or the audit commands of something happened to the chosen file and it stated showing errors..

Regards!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I got it fixed by using Drawing recovery manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report