Did you mean: 

Drawing in perspective

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BrithneyMoralesJaimes
696 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing in perspective

Hello! I have an issue with my drawing. I design my floor plans on 2D but when I change the view all the lines go crazy. Do you know why this happens? Thank you so much.

a.pngb.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

HI BMJ94

In looking at your post I am suspect of some graphic card settings. Could you try to turn off line smoothing and maybe even Hardware Acceleration to see if eliminates the problem for you?

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BrithneyMoralesJaimes

@BMJ94 wrote:

Hello! I have an issue with my drawing. I design my floor plans on 2D but when I change the view all the lines go crazy. Do you know why this happens? Thank you so much.

a.pngb.png

It looks like the topo's you brought in came in with a Z elevation way above zero.  In the topdown method of drawing, you probably snapped to lines that were way up in the air.  You could try using FLATTEN to get everything back to a zero elevation if that's your goal.

Message 4 of 7

Have you tried command FLATTEN?

Message 5 of 7

i recently had a drawing that i had to correct a similar issue on. Flatten didnt work for me but luckily the geometry was realtivley simple. I just selected everything and changed all the Z values to 0.

CADnoob geometry in the Z.gif

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

Hi john.vellek. I have them already off, so I turned them on and then off again; but nothing changes.
Message 7 of 7

Hi BMJ94, If the problem is not a graphics issue then as per the other posts, it is likely that some of your entities have an erroneous Z value (height). Check out the prior posts to correct this. Flatten works pretty well but if the drawing is simple you might select all the entities and enter a new Z value as per @TheCADnoob's suggestion.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta