Did you mean: 

Dimension Scaled UP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
242 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension Scaled UP

Hi,

I have a dimension which is part of the block definition.
I created a block reference which refers to the above-mentioned block definition.

In which the scale of the block reference X, Y, Z is 0.0394
and whereas the "DIM scale overall" value of the dimension is 1.

The issue is when I explode the Block reference, the objects(such as line, circle..) sizes are rendered based upon the scale, but whereas the dimension part is getting scaled up and the "Dim scale overall" value still remains 1.

When I manually change Dim scale overall property to "0.0394" of the dimension, then it fits with the objects(Line).

Why is AutoCAD not supporting with the dimension part for the above case?
or
Is there any command or variable which can set both the scales same value.
i.e. Scale X, Y, Z = Dim scale overall =0.0394

Is there a way to get either of these options to work or even a better way to fit the dimension correctly.

Before exploding the Block referencesBefore exploding the Block referencesAfter exploding the Block referencesAfter exploding the Block references

Scale of the Block referencesScale of the Block referencesDim scale overall value of the Dimension in the Block references fileDim scale overall value of the Dimension in the Block references file

Thanks...!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This issue was discussed here >> Click << , you may add some extra information in this post BUT it's recommended to complete that discussion instead of opening a new one . 😉

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

yeah, I have added some more information...

Thanks but I would like to know that is it the bug in the AutoCAD ?

or

Is it "WORKING AS DESIGN" for AutoCAD.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

It works as designed, but in this case (dimensions) i dont want this.

Some functions have a automatic "update" feature at last step.

Properties of objects which are (after the objects are created) independent of there style can edit by user.

If you are using these functions the automatic update is only working for not nested objects (nested in Blocks).

The explode command recreate the items by the current style definition.
Sometimes it is exactly what you need and want, but often not.

My idea for that: I want a 'update' function (that exist) with the option NestedObjects?yes/no (i missed that).
And I don't want the automatic update function of explode command, if i want to update i can use the Update function.
That's enough and in 99% of my cases i don't want that recreation based on current dim style setting.

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta