Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qsave unable to transmit selected drawing file - Again

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
RockyBrown4134
740 Views, 8 Replies

Qsave unable to transmit selected drawing file - Again

This error has resurfaced again on a colleagues machine. Running AutoCAD 2017, Windows 10 OS. Although the error, files seem to be saving correctly.

MoveBAK was set to C:\BAK. I reset it to another folder C:\TEMP, and still receive the error. I reset it back to C:\BAK, still the same result.

I used a machine that is running AutoCAD 2017, Windows 7 OS. There is no error, and Qsave seems to work as expected.

This is happening on every drawing file, not just one single file. Started about three days ago. the machine has been in service since January 2017, and has had no problems until now.

Any Suggestion?

Thanks.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

Explain in more detail how this error is triggered and post some screenshots of it.

And what changed on the PC or network or where files are stored three days ago? Something did, AutoCAD 2017 has no moving parts to break all by themselves.
Message 3 of 9
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Explain in more detail how this error is triggered and post some screenshots of it.

All I know is that it is triggered by using the Qsave command from ether the ribbon or the command line.

I'll get some screenshots and post them as soon as I get them from the user.

@pendean wrote:

And what changed on the PC or network or where files are stored three days ago?

In the last five days, the only software change was a firmware update to a HP Thunderbolt Dock that the user was having problems with (Video issue).

No changes to the network.

No changes in the location of file storage. Just Daily back up of differential files.

FYI....We did do a "SAVE AS" to another file name. did not seem to have a problem. When the "SAVE AS" file was opened, Qsave gave the same error. 

@pendean wrote:
Something did, AutoCAD 2017 has no moving parts to break all by themselves. 

I agree. But sometimes strange things happen by accident. It's just finding an answer to an unsolved mystery that's puzzling.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
Message 4 of 9
pendean

>>>... a firmware update to a HP Thunderbolt Dock...<<<
I wonder if undocking and testing with just a network cable plugged directly into the laptop would act differently.
Message 5 of 9
RockyBrown4134

Dean

Here is the screenshot the user sent me.

qsave.jpg

I suggested to try the disconnection of the dock and test to the user. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Rocky Brown
Message 6 of 9
pendean

I did a little more research and found another tip: your user probably set MOVEBAK command to a folder that no longer exists or is no longer accepting his log-ins ability to delete and replace the BAK file.

Is that what they did recently? Or is that what changed recently?
Message 7 of 9
RockyBrown4134

Dean;

Thanks.

I believe we checked that. I'll have the user check again for sure. If I am not mistaken, we reset MOVEBAK to a folder we knew existed. I will double check.

Rocky Brown
Message 8 of 9
pendean

Is the user using a vertical version of AutoCAD? Like ARCH or C3D? That's a known limitation, it's a harmless but annoying side-effect of MOVEBAK.

Either way, It appears the options are ignore it or stop using MOVEBAK.

Good luck.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Take a look at this entry:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Understa...

if you set movebak to "." you may have a good result. 

D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report