delete cache

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
34980 Views, 23 Replies

delete cache

Hi,

How to delete cache in autocad without turning it off?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yup me also like that.. need to restart pc every 1 or 2 hour..  wtf.. I already shut the temp save but it still do some temp. save.. dont know why.. some time every single command i entered will be lag ****. i dont know what kind of pc it want. i think, autocad does require high ram to process.. eventhought my pc already the better one, whit the cache or other library or other add on, plus window 10 bug make a perfect hang lag ****.. for bigger file, every 30min i need to restart..  so no cache can be clear? unless we restart it.?

Message 22 of 24
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> every 30min i need to restart.

How much memory is built in in your system and how much memory is used by AutoCAD (looking to taskmanager) after these 30min?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

i still dont know about that.. after several test, only some drawing like that.. which drawing that have bigger size, many layout & viewport and many item and block.. coz me have add on item, which is a 3rd party application that make some item.. then particular addon make many block.. so it do hang if the drawing is large and many item.. still dont know what to do.. but i just avoid it by set the maximum time save, and every second i change any things, i just save to avoid the memory filled up.. then if it worsen, or the drawing feel heavy, it do feel somethings else, so i just save and restart autocad. after update the window, which window has come a newer update, seem ok after that.

If i am not mistaken, last time, my laptop have 8gb ram, and autocad fully used it, if i open chrome it will cache even worse.. but now already upgrade to 16gb.. but i dont check after upgrade ram.. it seem no trouble..

Message 24 of 24
srinivasanyl
in reply to: Anonymous

me also facing this issue since last 1 year. but no solution. Closing cad files and opening again its very irritating. 

i tried this below mentioned commands also but no use.

^C^CCACHEMAXFILES;0;CACHEMAXFILES;256;CACHEMAXTOTALSIZE;0;CACHEMAXTOTALSIZE;1024;

Even i tried manually changing the all cache system variables 0 and 256. but it not working.

my pc configuration is i7-10th gen - 32 ram- 1tb ssd, 4 gb Quadro Graphics card. Still im facing this problem.

Kindly help me solve this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta