Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLOCK UPDATE PUTS COPY AT 0,0

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PiscesBob
352 Views, 3 Replies

BLOCK UPDATE PUTS COPY AT 0,0

Lately when inserting an updated block I get the updated block inserted o.k. in it's correct location and scale; however I also get the block at global 0.0 and at the block's scale.  Nothing is checked on the block insert dialog box and file is the route to the updated block which is in the same directory as the master drawing.  I just erase the one at 0,0; however I would like AutoCad to not double up on the block insert.  Acad 2022, Win 10.  CLASSICINSERT  does the same thing.  Why the extra block at 0,0?

Bob W.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: PiscesBob

This happens with ALL files and ALL blocks?
Or this one file?
Even if you start a blank new DWG file?
DO you have the 2022.1 update installed? ABOUT command will confirm what you have. Restart your computer too.

Share with us sample block and destination DWG files if this is a problem with all files/blocks: not seeing anything like that here in 2022 in our office, no extra blocks appear at 0,0.
Message 3 of 4
PiscesBob
in reply to: pendean

More details.  Yes, I have 2022.1.  As for the block insert, I use DDINSERT on my Quick Tools, choose File, select the file (block) I have updated, leave Specify Parameters on Screen un-checked and the update puts the copy at 0,0.  When I do the same except have Specify Parameters on Screen checked, I get what I am used to, that is, the block gets updated and I just cancel the where to insert prompt to kill the second insert.  The Main drawing is pretty simple, Just a Decal and Paint Arrangement for a Tank Car.  The drawing has about 6 or 7 details which are the blocks and are at a different scale (usually) than the main drawing.  All are in the same unique Job directory.  I did the more "standard" block insert instead of DDINSERT to see if two copies of the block show up.  When I did the block insert from the pull-down, I got the same response as with Specify Parameters on Screen checked, i.e. block is updated, and the insertion has to be canceled to avoid having two copies of the block.  Is this normal?  Can't the block just be updated without attempting another insertion?

Message 4 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: PiscesBob

Not normal. Share the file.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta