Did you mean: 

Block editor won't close without saving; no dialog prompt

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1511 Views, 8 Replies

Block editor won't close without saving; no dialog prompt

Platform: AutoCAD Electrical 2018

Issue: Cannot close block editor without forcing a save first. No dialog appears to prompt for save/discard/cancel. The issue has persisted across several deployments on different machines, so I assume it's something that's syncing with my roaming profile.

Across any drawing:

1. opening or creating a block works as normal
  2. opening the block editor and making no changes allows BCLOSE, _BCLOSE, and the "Close Block Editor" button to work as intended.
  3. making any change to the block and the above commands will not work until a "Save Block" function is triggered (either by the button, or BSAVE or BSAVEAS etc). No error messages appear, no prompt or dialog to save or discard changes appears. No error messages appear.

This is getting incredibly frustrating; AUDIT and RECOVER don't pick any errors, and this occurs across all drawings I'm working on. FILEDIA flag is 1.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jayhar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Update AutoCAD 2018 IO Security Hotfix

Thanks

Jayhar.M.J

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 3 of 9
ChicagoLooper

So you are going into the Block Editor but you don't want to save any changes you've made to the block .Why?!? The only reason to go there in the first place is to revise either the block or the block attribute. If however, you merely want to provide 'content' to the block attribute then you don't need to go to block editor. Double click on the block then fill in the attribute. Or select the block, go to Properties Palette, scroll to bottom, then fill the attribute.

The concept behind a block is 'reusable content' and supplying different attribute values is how you do that, not by editing the block.

Chicagolooper
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jayhar

Literally all this did was break my installation. I can't get ACADE to launch at all now, receiving the dialog below. I've tried a repair via the uninstall tool, still no joy. Fantastic.

2019-02-25_151505.png

Message 5 of 9
jayhar

Hi @Anonymous 

Fixed Error: acad.exe - Entry Point Not Found then Update AytoCAD

Thanks

Jayhar.M.J

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Literally all this did was break my installation.

Have you saved the DLL before replacing? Then simply restore from that backup.

Have you seen that the link points to 32bit and 64bit versions? I guess you took the wrong one, downloading and copying the correct one would bring back AutoCAD to live.

To your original issue, please first make sure AutoCAD is updated to 2018.1.2

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
s.borello
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

That's not what he asked.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

ACADE 2019, same problem. I opened the JIC title block to try and see why the "size" attribute wasn't mapping correctly but couldn't get out without saving. Had the same issue earlier when in the block editor, can't remember what I was looking at/for, or how I got there. Whatever that hotfix was for 2018 (assuming it actually works) it didn't get carried over to 2019.

More horrible, inexplicable behavior from INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE PROFESSIONAL COMMERCIAL software. Every time I use this thing, I die a little inside.

Message 9 of 9
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta