Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since we're talking annotatively...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
281 Views, 6 Replies

Since we're talking annotatively...

When I set a new annotative text style and check the annotative box, the height field changes to Paper Text Height to set the size I wish to print. Does that now become the size the text displays in model space too? I'm not sure how to set the model space height differently than the paper space height with annotative text style (Is that possible?).

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Annotative Text (dims/blocks/mleaders etc.) rely on your settings in each STYLE first, then your annotative scale (CANNOSCALE command).

So what you got going on and set exactly? Feel free to share your DWG file to show us if you can.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Annotative Text (dims/blocks/mleaders etc.) rely on your settings in each STYLE first, then your annotative scale (CANNOSCALE command).

So what you got going on and set exactly? Feel free to share your DWG file to show us if you can.

Attached is an example of what I'm asking. What should I change so that the dims in model space while zoomed to extents is legible while the dims in the two viewports in layout tab "1" remain unchanged?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Thanks for the files: when using ANNOTATIVE text/dims, the text in viewports with different scales never change, they should and do look the same just like in you file.

So your LAYOUT1 is working as intended, looks pretty good in 1.5x and 2x scales

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

Thanks for the files: when using ANNOTATIVE text/dims, the text in viewports with different scales never change, they should and do look the same just like in you file.

So your LAYOUT1 is working as intended, looks pretty good in 1.5x and 2x scales

Capture.PNG

Yes I agree layouts look fine. What I would like to know is can I make the dims display larger in model space while preserving the layout size? Screenshot shows zoom extents.

small dims.png

Message 6 of 7
cadffm

If you want to change the annotation scale, change it in your model! CANNOSCALE

(Make sure your Anno objects supports the current annoscale.)

But if you asked me, I would say, Drop it (just so the model space adds an extra anno-scale to the objects I would not)

Sebastian

Message 7 of 7
pendean

right here

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report