Batting LineType Display Problem

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3651 Views, 11 Replies

Batting LineType Display Problem

Hi,

I am having trouble with my line type display, the batting linetype just shows up as many dots instead of the batting that I want. 

I have tried several things:

- Command REGEN

- Command 3dConfig - Disabled Hardware Acc

-Tried restarting Cad/ my machine

AND to make things even stranger, sometimes the batting actually appears in the drawing. But then if I close it and re-open the drawing it goes back to just looking like many dots...

I have attached my file so you can see if you can fix the issue. Please help!!! 

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Use LINETYPE command to reload all of your linetypes, including that one, see if your issue goes away.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

This did not work.

when I type the command linetype - LOAD I get the following error:

Bad definition of BATTING at line 125 of file C:\Users\Patrick\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad lt 2016\r22\enu\support\acadlt.lin

Then the BATTING linetype does not show up.

Message 4 of 12
Patchy

Type in LTSCALE, change it and the linetype will change.

Message 5 of 12
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

when I type the command linetype - LOAD I get the following error:

Bad definition of BATTING ....

Does it happen to be the last linetype definition in the file?  If so, make sure there's an empty line below it, i.e. that the file ends not with the end of that definition but with a hard return.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 12
pendean

That's your problem then: BATTING uses a custom SHP font file to create that shape, yours is missing from your setup (AutoCAD/LT squawks that error message when a shape file is missing).

What changed with your LT2016 setup recently? That's an older program, so there is something new at play now. Or did someone add to the LIN file manually recently?

Message 7 of 12
pendean

Q: is your drawing an actual from-LT drawing? It contains 27,907 purgeable Registry Applications in it, very odd indeed for someone starting a drawing from scratch.
Message 8 of 12
Kent1Cooper

@pendean wrote:
.... BATTING uses a custom SHP font file to create that shape, yours is missing from your setup ....

One way to check whether it's a missing .SHX file:  does the same happen if you try to load other linetypes that use Shapes, such as [assuming LT also has these] the FENCELINE ones?  Their embedded Shapes are in the same file as the one for BATTING, so presumably you'll get the same message if the file is missing.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent that is correct. I cannot load anylinetypes with shapes.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

This makes sense. I got a new computer at work recently, and ever since installing AutoCad this has happened.

Any idea how to fix this?

Message 11 of 12
Kent1Cooper

That suggests that the Whatever.shx file is missing, but then, that doesn't accord with Message 1 where you said that BATTING sometimes appears as expected.  I don't know what else to suggest, other than maybe you have an unstable connection to wherever the file is.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 12 of 12
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta