Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD ribbon. How do I move it to the top?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
8210 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD ribbon. How do I move it to the top?

How do I move the ribbon that's on the left side of my screen to the top?

I am brand new to AutoCAD and I am watching tutorials to help me get to grips with the software but everyone seems to have all their tools, at the top. I have Properties on the right-hand side too. Please can someone tell me how to change it all to match what everyone else has as standard? I've tried CUI and digging through forums online and tutorials but no one has the same interface as me. And CUI doesn't seem to move the entire ribbon, only icons and tools. I'm using AutoCAD 2020 so it should be the same but it's not. I just want everything in the same place and I don't know how to move it. 

Please help, I'm banging my head up against a brick wall here. I've spent all afternoon trying to get this sorted instead of doing any of my degree work and I'm having a bit of a meltdown over it. 

Thankyou

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> but everyone seems to have all their tools, at the top

Am I correct that you are using AutoCAD for Mac? If so, then sorry, this is not the same as AutoCAD for Windows, and it does not have a real "Ribbon", no way to get it docked horizontally.

If you have AutoCAD for Windows you should have the Ribbon on the top, if not, change the workspace one time to a different one and then back to the one you have now.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

please ... are you talking about Toolbars or Ribbon ? would you attache a screenshot for your CAD interface ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain

If this is AutoCAD for Windows, go to OPTIONS > Profiles Tab > Click "Add to List", give it a name, then switch to this new Profile. Before you close OPTIONS, select the new profile, then click the "Reset" button. This will give you a OOTB, clean setup in this new profile.

2021cad.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
pendean

AutoCAD for MAC does not have a Ribbon, the side icons are there forever. Watch tutorials for the MAC version, not the Windows version, moving forward, they are less confusing.

BTW, the AutoCAD for MAC forum is over here and has dozens of similar questions on the first page (sadly with the same answer) https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/bd-p/520

HTH
Message 6 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

Where did @Anonymous say this was for MAC?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

I'll deliver your favorite 5-guys burger for lunch next time I'm in your 'hood if they are not 🙂
Message 8 of 9
gd3
Community Visitor
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

PFF that is terrible, seems like tools in the top are a better option than side menu.. hope autodesk makes mac version more flexible in the future release

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: gd3

@gd3 wrote:

PFF that is terrible, seems like tools in the top are a better option than side menu.. hope autodesk makes mac version more flexible in the future release

Only you alone an do that, no onw else is going to ask Autodesk for it on your behalf in this forum:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Feedback-to-Autode...

and if you are on subscription:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/manage/use/support#:~:text=com/plans.-,Contact%20support,-S... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report