Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mtext rotates 270 degrees

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
3787 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD Mtext rotates 270 degrees

Every time I edit multiline text the text editor rotates the text 270 degrees. How can I fix this?

@Anonymous, 

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: multiline text

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ArchD
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this; While editing the text, right click on it and uncheck Editor Settings-> Always Display WYSIWYG

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 15
imadHabash

Hi,

I suggest to check if Rotation angle = 0 . select the mtext without any command then press Ctrl+1 (see attached image) 

dfs.png

if not solved please attache this Mtext as CAD file to check it for you.

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: ArchD

No dice

Nick Rassenti

Associate | Senior Designer

IBI Group
7th Floor - 55 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto ON M4V 2Y7 Canada
tel +1 416 596 1930 ext 61683 fax +1 416 596 0644

[LinkedIn][Twitter][Instagram][Youtube][Facebook]

[Logo]

NOTE: This email message/attachments may contain privileged and confidential information. If received in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.
NOTE: Ce courriel peut contenir de l'information privilégiée et confidentielle. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le mentionner immédiatement à l'expéditeur et effacer ce courriel.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: ArchD

No dice

Nick Rassenti

IBI Group

[Logo]

NOTE: This email message/attachments may contain privileged and confidential information. If received in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.
NOTE: Ce courriel peut contenir de l'information privilégiée et confidentielle. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le mentionner immédiatement à l'expéditeur et effacer ce courriel.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

All the text in the parent drawing behaves like this one. When I edit text it jumps to 270 degrees rotation. After editing I reset to 0 but the next time it's the same story,

Nick Rassenti

IBI Group

[Logo]

Message 7 of 15
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you checked your text style to see if there is anything strange set there? Also, perhaps your view is rotated. Check your DVIEW Twist which allows you to rotate your view.

Please also, if you like, attach your drawing to a post so I can take a closer look.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

No help here

Nick Rassenti

IBI Group

[Logo]

Message 9 of 15
pendean

screenshots, video or even your DWG file posted here would probably help others help you further.
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

This is a version of my drawing with just one multinline text. In the original drawing all text behaves this way,

Message 11 of 15
john.vellek

Hih @Anonymous,

It appears that this happens with the font you have selected. If you select something like Arial for instance, it doesn't happen  -- comes in with a 0-degree rotation.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks John, you got it!

Nick Rassenti

IBI Group

[Logo]

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

I changed the font to Arial and it still rotates the text 270 degrees. This only happens when I edit Mtext.

I am using Autocad 2018. I did not have this issue when I used Autocad 2016.

Message 14 of 15
gotphish001

Post an example with some text in it that behaves this way, so we can test it.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: gotphish001

The problem was resolved by using the Arial font without the @.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report