Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - Generate dxf files based on xls or txt

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
czegee
387 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD - Generate dxf files based on xls or txt

Hello!

I have a material drawing for plasma cutting. I want to put a text on this material (which will be engraved), and save all the possible outcomes in different files.

Is there a way to do this somehow?

the absolute dream would be if it could have been done by an xls, where every row would be a separate file.

The most important is only the text, but if other paramteres can be included that would be perfect.

Specific example:

D1= 1000

D2 = 30

Text = Test

D1 would be diamater1 D2 would be diameter2 and text would be the desired engraved text in my xls, and every row would be a different dxf file. The most important for me only the text, if the others not possible thats not a problem.

Thanks for your reply in advance

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: generate dxf files based on xls or txt ]

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TheCADnoob
in reply to: czegee

A quick 'no code' way to get this done is to use your xls to create a formula and then paste the formula(s) into the command line.

In this example, I added a column to excel for the file destination. Then I used the following formula in excel

=CONCAT("CIRCLE 0,0 ", A2," CIRCLE 0,0 ",B2," -TEXT 0,0 5 0 ",C2,"
filedia 0 DXFOUT ",D2," ",A2,"-",B2,"-",C2,".DXF
Select All

Erase
Filedia 1")

Screenshot 2022-11-30 104108.jpg

Then copy all those resulting formula strings into notepad in order to get rid of the extra quotation marks. (ctrl + H for find and replace)

TheCADnoob_2-1669826143458.png

Then paste all that data into the command line. This creates and saves the files and you are done.

It should be noted that tailoring this can be a little tedious

so if you make any changes it can be a lot of guess and check. but once you get it, its solid and quick.

CADnoob Excel Data to DXF Files.gif

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta