Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2021 dynamic input/ tracking changed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sososimps
462 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2021 dynamic input/ tracking changed

Autocad 2021 has changed the way dynamic input works, and I can't figure out how to use it the way I used to:

• Previous version I could click for a start point of a rectangle, then use tracking to hover off a second point by a certain dimension (eg 20mm).  Now if I do that, it makes my rectangle only 20mm wide, rather than 20mm from my second point
  • Previous version I could click for a start point, hover and track from a second point, and input the second dimension height (eg 20mm).  Now if I do that, the height is accurate, but it hasn't tracked properly from my second point, so I then have to stretch the rectangle back to the correct length.

Screencasts are attached for a visual explanation. 

Does anyone know how to change dynamic input back to how it previously worked?  Or know how to do the above commands correctly so they work with the new version of dynamic input?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: sososimps

Is this happening in ALL of your files, even a blank file, or just this one?
What earlier version did you upgrade from?
I could not tell from your movies, what running osnap was set?
Message 3 of 4
sososimps
in reply to: pendean

Yes, happening in all files.  I've upgraded from Autocad 2020.  

Osnaps are running all my usual settings - first column fully ticked, plus extension, insertion, tangent.

Message 4 of 4
sososimps
in reply to: sososimps

Just to clarify, these problems only happen with tracking from the second point of a rectangle, not the first point.  

The first point of a rectangle I can track off a set point by any measurement I want, and it is accurate in distance and alignment from the original point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta