Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018 freezes on opening

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1077 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 freezes on opening

I have AutoCAD 2018 Student Version product. Every time I open the software it will freeze on the start screen and it won't even close. I tried reinstalling, repairing the software but nothing works. I also tried all the solutions available on the forum but no luck. Can anyone please help me?

Untitled.png

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you proceed to install the updates that appear in that notification?  You can get them from your Autodesk Desktop App or through your Account page.

Then, tell me about your OS and your graphics card. I would like to see if this is just a driver issue.

When this starts does it appear to get through the license check?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @john.vellek

Graphics Card : 1. Intel(R) HD Graphics Family  2. AMD Radeon R5 M330

It was working a few days back but now it won't proceed from that screen.

Message 4 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you tell me the build version of your OS by typing WINVER in the run line?

This link should give you access to the most current graphics driver.  Can you also try running with the No Hardware Switch to see if that helps?

You should also check your Windows updates to see what had just been installed.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Hi @john.vellek

MS Windows Version 1709(OS Build 16299.248) i have tried the /nohardware and /SAFEMODE, but niether of them worked.

Message 6 of 14
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Please try removing the KB4074588 from your OS and let me know if that gets things back to normal.  It seems to be causing some issues for a variety of applications.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Hi @john.vellek

Can you explain the procedure of how to uninstall the update.

Message 8 of 14
rkmcswain

john.vellek wrote:

Please try removing the KB4074588 from your OS and let me know if that gets things back to normal.  It seems to be causing some issues for a variety of applications.

Thanks @john.vellek - is there an Autodesk KB article on this?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi @rkmcswain,

I know that one was in the works but I am not sure if it has been published yet.  The .214 build seemed to remedy a bunch of problems but the .248 build seemed to create some new ones.  

I will post a link as soon as I can find the article.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 14
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

• At the run line (at bottom left of screen where it says "Type here to search" enter Control Panel.
  • Once this window opens, select Uninstall a program from the Programs category.
  • On the left side of the resulting window, select 'View installed updates".
  • You should now be able to scroll to find the KB.
  • Once you find it, select the KB and then click "Uninstall"

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Message 11 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi @rkmcswain,

I am still waiting to see if an article will be written for this issue but now that the newest .251 build version is out it appears that might fix some of the issues from .248

John Vellek

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

hi @john.vellek

your solution with trying installing the .248 worked out. But the system keeps on auto-updating itself even after overriding it. Is there any other solution to this problem?

Message 13 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Depending on the exact version of Windows 10 that you are using, you might be able to block updates from auto-installation.  There is a .251 build available now and some customers report that it seems to behave properly. You might try that version too.

In addition, I believe that .309 was also released on March 13th.

John Vellek

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

hi @john.vellek

I tried with .309 but I'm facing the same problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta