Did you mean: 

Base view commad not working...

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
4423 Views, 19 Replies

Base view commad not working...

Hello,

I've just recently been having a problem with the base view command.  While trying to create the base view from model space all I get is the move command.  Also from inventor the command changes to fillet.  Has anyone expierience this problem or is it just me?  I've uninstalled AutoCad 2013 completly then reinstalled but continue to have the same problem.

Thanks,

Steve

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

Can you start that procedure again, on the end press <F2> so the "long"-text-screen pops up with more lines to see some history about what happend .. let us see the content of that.

If you can upload the drawing you are working with, it might help too.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

Thank you for your reply.  Inventor server failed to load...

Steve

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous

What needs to happen to fix this problem?

Message 5 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you show the command-line content?

I never had the situation the the viewbase command breaked and started move ... so I guess there might be some info between the lines/between the command lines.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

I'm not sure how.  Print screen didn't work and when I tried the snip tool the command bar goes away.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous

Took a picture with my phone...

Message 8 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

look to that thread >>>click<<<.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Good morning alfred,

ModelDoc is listed on mine and that poster was experiencing a different problem after reinstalling the software.  But, I too had the "ribbons" disappear but I ended up customizing a toolbar to add the commands that wandered off, re installing the software at least brought them back but now having this command switcherroo problem.  The frustration continues and falling behind with work.  But, thanks for your efforts though.

Steve

Message 10 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but I ended up customizing a toolbar [...] but now having this command switcherroo problem

I would start now to verify if the installation is ok by creating a new Windows user account, login with that account and try if _VIEWBASE is then working.

If that is working it's either your AutoCAD profile or your customization, but the AutoCAD installation is verified.

If that is working you might also export the AutoCAD profile (under command _OPTIONS ==> Profiles) and import that profile within your Windows account, so you can then switch between 2 profiles to get one step further with the isolation of that issue.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

Alright I'll give it a try.  When I first uninstalled AutoCAD/Autodesk I didn't know if any of the Microsoft programs also needed to be uninstalled as well.  When I reinstalled I noticed some of those Microsoft programs being installed as well.  Could this be my problem?  The Microsoft programs listed are Silverlight, SQL server 2005, a bunch of visual C++... and MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser.  I'm afraid to uninstall anything when I don't know what it's for.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

alfred,

I created a new Windows users account but continue to get the same errors. I swithed back to my original account to find a Heidi module load error message (see attached).  ???

Best regards,

Steve

Message 13 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

the screenshot looks like you are running Windows 8 or 8.1? If I'm right with that ... what version exactly are you using and have you installed the latest servicepack for your 2013 version?

The message with the Heidi-driver mostly raises when AutoCAD can't communicate error-free with the driver of the graphiccard, that might be solved with installing a newer (or sometimes an older) driver for your graphiccard.

What GC do you have ... plus the additional question: does your system report to have two GC's? (e.g. a nVidia + Intel)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

Hello,

Yes I'm running Windows 8.1 and have installed the latest service packs.  The Graphics card I have now is the Nvidia GeForce GT 625 and I have installed the latest driver for that as well.  I don't think this GC is supported by AutoDesk but it should be able to work.  I've uninstalled all AutoDesk software again along with all the Windows software that loads with the AutoCad 2013 instalation and then reinstalled everything but continue to have the same problem.  Next step I guess is to refresh the operating system.  I'm thinking it must be some sort of permission issue.  Anyway, I don't have much more time dealing with this problem before I start to loose work.  Alfred, I appreciate your help with this and I'll post anything I find out...

Thank you,

Steve

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

i have the same probleme

i have windows 8.1 autocad 2014

Base view from model space thats not working

the base view from the source modeldoc

Generates the base view of a model created in model space, from which all other drawing views are derived.

When i click on the base at the tab create vieuw

and next on the from model space button

The drawing vieuw creation does not emerge.

As i give the command VIEWBASE at the command line

Appairs the message inverter server failed to load.

the model doc is ok and up to date.

that wen i give the command and pres F2

Command: VIEWDETAIL
Inventor Server failed to load.
Command: *Cancel*
Command: *Cancel*
Command: VIEWBASE
Command:
Command:
Command: _VIEWBASE
Command: _M MOVE
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 0 found
Select objects: *Cancel*
Command:
Command: _VIEWBASE
Command: _M MOVE

how do i solve the probleme??

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

Wish I could help you...  I gave up and had my employer build me a new box.  Went back to Windows 7 and now have an NVIDIA Quadro K2000 graphics card.  I personally don't think the problems were due to windows 8 or the previous GC but I couldn't waste any more time trying to figure it out  If you find a solution please let me know.

Best regards,

Steve

Message 17 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

try this hotfix: >>>click<<<, the description is not the same, but it has to do with BASEVIEW and Windows 8.1!

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

Hi, have you solved the problem what was that? I'm havint the same problem. Can you help me.

Message 19 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

I would start to go through the recommendations within this thread and let us know what you tried and what happened. I guess that will bring you faster to a result.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 20 of 20
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with Baseview command, 

f2 says 

inventor could not connect to server

then it gives me the move command.

this is extremely frustrating!

I am running autocad 2018

windows 10

with a more than capable gpu.

was there a solution to this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report