Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 Tables - Multiple Blocks in a cell; creates formatting issue

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
LOrtizACCO
314 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 Tables - Multiple Blocks in a cell; creates formatting issue

In AutoCAD 2018 we've been having an issue when inserting multiple blocks in a single cell in an AutoCAD table. It causes the cell height to increase dramatically. This only occurs when there are multiple blocks in a cell. This does not happen with cells that have only one block inserted. Every time we fix the table it always goes back to being messed up.

Has anyone encountered this? If so, were you able to find a solution?

Thanks in advance for the help!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: LOrtizACCO

Cell autosizing is calculated by the program to "fit" you content: AFAIK you cannot turn it off, but you can just float your blocks over the cell as an option.

Message 3 of 12
LOrtizACCO
in reply to: pendean

Wow...we have considered this as an option but I think there should be a
better solution. Hopefully, I can get a reply directly from one of
Autodesk's tech gurus. Thanks for your suggestion though!
Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @LOrtizACCO,

This type of formatting is pretty limited.  If you can provide a sample drawing with your table and the blocks I would like to take a look.  In the past, I have combined blocks into a new block to do this but perhaps that is not what you are looking for.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 12
LOrtizACCO
in reply to: john.vellek

John,

Per your request please find a sample of one of the tables we're using in a
project. Notice the cell height has changed significantly. Once again, this
appears to only occur in cells that have more than one block inserted into
a cell.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @LOrtizACCO,

Unfortunately, the attachment did not stick.  Please try again (don't use email-use a web browser) so I can take a look at your sample.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 12
LOrtizACCO
Message 8 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @LOrtizACCO,

This is the way I have dealt with this issue in the past.  I took the three individual blocks and turned them into a new block that can be inserted in the table cell.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @LOrtizACCO,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 12
LOrtizACCO

John, no, this issue has not been resolved.
Message 11 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @LOrtizACCO,

Can you walk through the steps that you believe create this issue?  I can insert multiple blocks in a cell in your table without the cell height being screwed up.

Have tried the different options available to Manage Cell Content?

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Message 12 of 12
LOrtizACCO

My apologies John... I have not tried applying your suggestion of creating
one block of multiple blocks then inserting into cell. I will try this and
let you know how it goes. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta