Did you mean: 

Graphics Card compatibility for Auto CAD 2018

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1118 Views, 12 Replies

Graphics Card compatibility for Auto CAD 2018

Hello,   after several suggestions I am still having issues with good resolution of curves and lines. A good example is a straight line (end point)  to a curve (end point)  but there is a jog in the line and it plots and prints like that   This is a relatively new problem, I have been using the 2018 Student version Autocad for about 10 months without issues.  Can someone from autocad tell me if it could be a graphics card problem....I have a laptop Asus with Radeon R5 M420 2GB but I understand that memory and graphics cards are not interchangeable.

If the graphics card is at least minimum level...would reinstalling the original program allow me to go back to original general settings...so many settings have been changed I do not know where the defaults are.  The differences are not large but it seems to be affecting dimensions....and since one drawing is based on another the mistake multiplies.

If it is a program setting problem it can be remedied,  if a card problem I will have to get used to it or find a patch to cover the problem.....btw from what I understand my student copy cannot be upgraded to 2018 1.1 or 1.2.

Thanks  Screenshot (6).png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jayhar
in reply to: Anonymous

Turn OFF GRAPHICSCONFIG

Jayhar
Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: jayhar

No,  does not change anything...............

Message 4 of 13
pendean

Post your DWG file, let's all have a look.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

All the inside curves are actually offsets of the outer line.  At the bottom the horizontal lines are supposed to go the end point of inside curve.  The measures say the same but to print gives a different jog in the line.

Screenshot (7).png

Message 6 of 13
pendean

DWG file please, not another picture.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I used ETRANSMIT......I hope it works...this is the first time.  it converted it to a pdf zip.....OK?

Message 8 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous

I came into this thread hoping that I could quickly resolve your issue but when I look at the arc and line endpoints, they are not where you show in your image.

Capture.PNG

Can you verify that this is as intended? I am not sure that the description you provided has anything to do with the graphics card but rather it is a geometry issue but please give me more information so I can better understand the issue.

When I plot your geometry to a PDF and zoom in very tight, it looks as it should.

Capture1.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello John,  the arc is on a tangent to the horizontal and the vertical line is another thing-  they look normal here....but they don't appear like that on my screen.

I took apart several objects to print cutout patterns and this is what I see.....the curves especially are bumpy.

If you see them normally and I don't it must be a graphics setting different on mine....but which?

Screenshot (8).png

Message 10 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Please tell me how the output looks.  Are the arcs and transitions produced correctly?

You may be correct that if this is only a display issue.  You can try adjusting any of the settings in the GRAPHICSCONFIG but might also look at your display resolution and scaling in Windows too to see if you can optimize the way this is displayed.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Hello John,   I will look again into the Graphicsconfig and Display Resolution and Scaling.....this will take me a couple of days since I cannot devote enough time for a day or two.     Do you think if this is a display problem it should affect also the printed pages?....they are coming out much like the screen shots.   There are a thousand different settings one can use with this programme and I could be missing the correct one.....what if I removed the program and reinstalled?  It would give me the original default settings which seemed to be perfect ??

Message 12 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

You can try a Reset to get back to "factory settings" without having to remove and reinstall the application.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Hello John, I checked the Graphicsconfig again and the Display Resolution
with no change....I figured out the Reset to original settings and it
worked but it seems the settings are the same...there is no change to
drawings. One thing I did find was that it wanted to check my graphics
card compatibility...it seems my graphics card is minimum acceptance...so I
think this is the reason....I will have to buy a new laptop. Thanks for
all your help..John D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta