Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015. Annoying Automatic Change to ToolBar

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
3371 Views, 20 Replies

AutoCAD 2015. Annoying Automatic Change to ToolBar

When working on the Layout tab, and moving from Model space to Paper space, the toolbar on the top automatically goes to "Layout Tools."

HOW DO I STOP THIS!?!?!!  I really want to stay on the HOME tab with all the tools that I need to do my work.

Thanks,

Thaddeus

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
sarienne_friesen
in reply to: nestly2

I can confirm, this worked for me (using AutoCAD Map 3D 2022). I have attached images of where to look. 

Enter the "CUI" command for the CUI window, then under (Customize tab > Customizations in All Files...) ACAD > Ribbon > Contextual Tab States > Layout Tools > Contextual Layout Tools. Then (in Properties pane) under General, see "Contextual Display Type" > change dropdown to "Full without focus". 

I needed this in order to keep on Annotate tab, because (for whatever reason... I have yet to find out), using the "DIM" command in paperspace lags to all hell, but clicking "Dimension, Linear/Aligned, etc" buttons in the toolbar is relatively normal. I have tried many of the suggestions for reducing layout/paperspace/viewport lag and none work. So this is my work-around until I figure it out. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report