Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Definition in Editable Block is Off-center in Autocad LT 2016

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bterpeluk
297 Views, 1 Reply

Attribute Definition in Editable Block is Off-center in Autocad LT 2016

Most of the blocks (finish symbol, elevation key, room name & number block, etc.) that I've made and have been using for years now show up with the editable text (attribute definition) off-center. Worse, this affects not just one file, but all files that contain those blocks. When I go to edit the block, I'll select an attribute definition that is justified bottom center. When I select the bottom center grip to move it, the text jumps so that I'm now gripping the bottom left of the text. Wherever I place the text, it jumps back so that the point where I click becomes the bottom center again. Unfortunately, relocating the text this way still doesn't fix the block.

Fortunately, the blocks are fine when opened on a colleague's computer, so I believe the problem is local to my computer. Is there a fix for this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: bterpeluk

If you and your colleague are accessing the same blocks from the same single source, you and them ought to have the same exact block UNLESS the block, defined wrongly, is already in the DWG file you are in.

IS there a reason you two are not accessing the same blocks from the same single source, centrally located on a share drive or server?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report