Did you mean: 

ACAD 2013 SP2 installation error message

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
931 Views, 11 Replies

ACAD 2013 SP2 installation error message

I found out about SP2 for AutoCAD 2013, so I downloaded it. It doesn't want to install. I get the error message: "The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer. Make sure that you are using the correct service pack for the product."

I have Design Suite 2013 installed on 2 machines, & I get this message on both workstations. Any thoughts?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The download is for plain AutoCAD 2013: ensure you've actually run Plain AutoCAD last and that Windows defaults to it with DWG files from Windows Explorer (but not any other bundled 'as autocad' software) and try again perhaps.
Message 3 of 12
nestly2

also make sure you're not trying to install the 32-bit service pack if your product is 64 bit and vice versa
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

It is the 64 bit versions, check. The default for a dwg file is AutoCAD launcher. 

Message 5 of 12
pendean

Ensure plain AutoCAD is what Windows Explorer uses to open a DWG file: trigger it.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I changed the default program to acad.exe. I receive the same error message. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Message 7 of 12
pendean

Start a DWG file from Windows Explorer: when AutoCAD is up, type ABOUT, this post a screenshot after you mask your serial number that's on the top of that pop-up.
I'd like to see your product version and listed Product please.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

jpeg attached

Message 9 of 12
pendean

MECH 2013 SP2 is here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21818160&linkID=9240898

Plain AutoCAD 2013's SP2 is the completely wrong update to get. You are NOT using AutoCAD, you are running MECH "as AutoCAD".

See the other topic around here called "catch 22" for the same exact discussion. Good luck.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Does the SP2 for electrical also need to be run?

Message 11 of 12
pendean

I suspect so, each of your verticals has it's own SP2 download. I believe this site at least give you an easier way to link to them than hunting through Autodesk's website (scroll down for the various versions):
http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/download.asp?ncat=2
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

They worked. Thanks for the help. It looks like it may have fixed my issue with a conflict concerning the 3dconnexion space navigator too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report