AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATTE Command

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
623 Views, 1 Reply

GATTE Command

Hi there, 

I've recently switched to a Mac and am finding that a lot of commands that were usable on Windows, do not work on a Mac. 

I used to be able to use the GATTE command to switch an attribute in my title block through out multiple layouts all at once. I don't want to have to go and change an attribute one by one when I have well over 20 layouts. 

For example, I have 20 layouts and I need to change the date on all 20 to be the same but I don't want to have to go through each layout individually to do so. 

Is there a command that has replaced GATTE or something that is compatible on a Mac? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Lisa,

>>>>Is there a command that has replaced GATTE or something that is compatible on a Mac?

You can try to keep your Title Block as Xref, instead of block with attribute(s):
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/gatte-command/td-p/8767968

Or you can try to use FIELDs for attributes: for example you can set default attribute value as current date field. If you add drawing(s) to Project, you can also use Custom Project properties as source for FIELDs in attributes inside block, then all you need is to change these custom properties in Project Manager palette and use REGEN to update FIELDs.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report