AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with FULLFILENAME not showing on attributes within a Title Block

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
599 Views, 6 Replies

Having problems with FULLFILENAME not showing on attributes within a Title Block

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use AutoCAD Electrical to set up a mostly automatically updating title block for my company. I am using the <Project> .WDT File method for this block. I have about 23 attributes inserted and linked, and they're working fine, but the 24th is giving me issues. I have an attribute with a tag named FILE and I'm trying to link it to FULLFILENAME, but no matter what I do, after I update the title block in a drawing the attribute remains blank. Plotting the file doesn't do anything either. Is this something to do with the attribute name, or is it the drawing value that isn't working right? Thanks in advance,

Peter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Those images doesn't really help much in trying to figure this one out. We'll just be guessing.
Any chance you can share the DWG (and/or wdt) ?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Here are the block .dwg and the test file I've been using, and the template. Unfortunately I can't upload the .wdt file, i'll try to post it as plain text.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

.WDT:

BLOCK = TITLE BLOCK
DWGNO = DWGNAM
FILNAME = FULLFILENAME
SH = SHEET
SHTS = SHEETMAX
NAME = DWGSUB
TITLE1 = LINE1
TITLE2 = LINE2
TITLE3 = LINE3
PROJECT = LINE4
REV1 = LINE5
DRNBY1 = LINE6
DSNBY1 = LINE7
CHKBY1 = LINE8
REVDESC1 = LINE9
REV2 = LINE10
DRNBY2 = LINE11
DSNBY2 = LINE12
CHKBY2 = LINE13
REVDESC2 = LINE14
REV3 = LINE15
DRNBY3 = LINE16
DSNBY3 = LINE17
CHKBY3 = LINE18
REVDESC3 = LINE19
REV4 = LINE20
DRNBY4 = LINE21
DSNBY4 = LINE22
CHKBY4 = LINE23
REVDESC4 = LINE24

Message 5 of 7
rhesusminus

The problem is that you've added the FILNAME attribute to the block later on. So.. it exists in the block DEFINITION, but not in the inserted block REFERENCE.

You can see this by double-clicking the title block, that the FILNAME attribute is missing.

Run the ATTSYNC command on the title block, and the attribute(s) should appear in the inserted block reference as well.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

ATTSYNC seems to have done it! Thank you. When I added that (and other) attributes in, I kept re-inserting the block to update the block definition, but I guess that went wrong at some point. Thanks again!

Message 7 of 7
JeffatPrimex

Looking at your files I suspect your drawing database is corrupted some how. The fix is to open a new file from a clean template like acad.wdt then copy and paste in your drawing geometry and text. IMO you should purge all unnecessary blocks first.

Best regards,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta