AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling Question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
433 Views, 5 Replies

Scaling Question

Hello!

So I am working on a layout for my Senior Design class. I have finished the design and I am supposed to print/plot it on a 24x36 paper.

However, I don't know how to make the scale in proportion to that. I need the scale to be 1"=150' but I am do not know how to do that.

I will be grateful for any help. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't imagine a teacher that would want you to use a non-standard scale vs using a larger standard sheet size.  Your best option is to use 1/8"=1'-0" and to matchline and create multiple sheets per floor with key plan.  You would definitely not want to show any potential employer you couldn't work with standard scales.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 6
pendean

Did you draw your model at 1:1 scale, or some other scale?
Are you trying to plot from MODEL tab, or a Layout tab?
If 1=150 did not work, does 1=100? 1=50? 1=5?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I drew in Model as 1:1
When I put it into layout it doesn't scale properly.
Message 5 of 6
pendean

You don't "put it into layout": you click on the layout you want, start PAGESETUP command and ensure the paper size you want is selected along with the printer/plotter to want to use. Then you start MVIEW command, draw a rectangle about the size of the area you want it to take up on the page: now you have a viewport. Your model tab content will appear inside this viewport.

Did you get that far? If yes, then next thing to do is set the viewport to a scale. If 1=150 makes your model disappear you need to try a different scale until you see that fits.

Message 6 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: pendean

NOTE:  1:150 is not equal to 1"=150.0'.  

What really bothers me as an instructor though is why the fundamentals of paper space scaling are still a mystery to someone doing a "senior" project.  In my AutoCAD class, we get that drilled into the process within the first month of the first class.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report