AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stone Hatch - not clear

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kevin_kroeger
645 Views, 4 Replies

Stone Hatch - not clear

See attached image

Not sure why my stone hatch is so roughstone.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hard to say without the file and the PAT file with the hatch definition, but if I were to guess, I would say that your hatch is a long way from the drawing origin.  Hatch patterns have limitations on the number of places in defining values, and even small amounts of rounding (up or down) will result in ever greater misalignments, the farther you get from the origin.

You can use the HATCHEDIT command to set the origin point for that hatch at an appropriate location, somewhere in the vicinity of the hatch, to minimize the misalignment.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your response.

I've tried setting the hatch origin to a corner the hatch area.  It changes the hatch, but still looks the same.

I've had this problem with wood and stone hatches off and on.  I can't put my finger on it.... My guess it's some in the settings in the drawing.

Sometimes to get around it, I start another drawing and hatch what I want and copy it in, sometimes it works.  Sometimes it comes in rough (like in picture).

I think I got the hatch pat from cultured stone CD awhile back (long time ago).

I was just wondering if anyone has this problem.

If you, would like the file and pat - i can send to you, just let me know

thanks kevin

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: kevin_kroeger

As a test: move those objects (and hatch) in your posted image to #0,0,0 location, zoom there, REGENALL and see if your hatch fixes itself by chance.
Message 5 of 5
kevin_kroeger
in reply to: pendean

I moved to 0,0,0 and nothing (regen)

but then I set a new hatch origin and it worked

I will keep that in mind when I run into this again

thanks again to all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report