A question about the save path of images rendered by Kick

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Technics_Man
251 Views, 4 Replies

A question about the save path of images rendered by Kick

Hello

I'm currently doing an animation project in Maya that I am going to render with Kick and I managed to figure out how to make texture file pathing "automatic" so it finds all the textures in the same folder as the .ass file. But I have not managed to change where the rendered images are saved, as of now it is saved in the same directory as the project file the .ass were exported from. So my question is what the command is for making a custom save path for the image that is renderd? 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

If you're rendering only the beauty AOV, or a merged EXR (all AOVs to the same EXR file), you can use kick -o

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 5

What I trying to render is PNG files using RGBA (beauty I believe) as the only AOV. Is it that I am trying to render the .ass files to PNG files that are making it a hassle for me to change the save path?

This is the code that I tried but it still saved in the default directory

kick -o D:\Rendertest\TestRenderFolder\Output D:\Rendertest\TestRenderFolder\test.ass

Message 4 of 5

@Technics_Man wrote:

What I trying to render is PNG files using RGBA (beauty I believe) as the only AOV. Is it that I am trying to render the .ass files to PNG files that are making it a hassle for me to change the save path?

This is the code that I tried but it still saved in the default directory

kick -o D:\Rendertest\TestRenderFolder\Output D:\Rendertest\TestRenderFolder\test.ass

You have to include the file name too. For example, -o D:\Rendertest\TestRenderFolder\Output\test.png

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 5 of 5

I see, so it was so simple to fix that. Thank you very much for helping me out with the code

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report