Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loose part numbering

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ATCOSTEEL
540 Views, 3 Replies

Loose part numbering

is it possible to not have a assembly number to loose part?

i had one of the job which has basically only plates. After running the single part numbering, when time comes to create the plate list(BOM) it want generatevit due to the reason it didn’t had assembly number!

also in another scenario if I have bigger multi story building With made of assembly and loose part, I when I run the numbering I don’t wanna select all the loose part and give them single part number and than select assembly and then give them the number. Is it possible to just run the numbering with one go and let system decide not to give assembly number to single part and plus I wanna see those single part in selected BOM too.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnjmbennett
in reply to: ATCOSTEEL

Hi,

For AS you need to have both Assembly and single part numbering elements of the model, without this the model cannot make the relationships between the parts and assemblies,  even if it a single part not welded to anything, a standalone part.

However i would point you to the SP No ( for Standalond Part) = assembly number,   This post numbering method will take the Assembly reference and swap it out into the Single part reference,  so there is only one reference value for that element in the system.  then using this in combination with the Management tools and the Defaults settings to allow only the creation of Certain drawings in the standalone part situation you can control which drawings are created from the model.

couple of links to help out.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Cheers

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ATCOSTEEL
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Hi john,

thanks for reply. 

regarding to post post number method ,

can you make a short tutorial how to do it as I am having trouble understanding the process how to use this option.

Message 4 of 4
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: ATCOSTEEL

Just open the numbering dialiog and in the first drop down you could choose between: none, SP=MP..and so on. But this will only work, if you delete the numbers which are maybe already existing, because Advance Steel didn't change numbers if the modelobject was not changed.

And all these things could be found in the Advance Steel help: https://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSTPR/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-87343DD9-B920-44D5-AAF5-BF2F39489025

Maybe you read here first.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report